❛ 𝘉𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘴 ❜ | 𝑱𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙨𝙤𝙣

ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘: Jackson Avery x reader ♡
𝕎𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤: none
-𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘥

You and Jackson had known each other pretty much forever, but neither of you ever imagined you'd make it this far. He was your best friend for years, the only person you could trust and who made you feel good. Apparently you were the only ones who didn't realize you were in love with each other, because everyone was just waiting for you to get together.
He literally surprised you when he asked you to marry him. You found him in front of the hospital parking when you left, he wanted to come back with you. You got into his car and started talking about everything that had happened to you that day, it seemed like you were going to go on and on, but then he said your name, making you stop and getting your attention. He just looked you in the eye while you waited for him to speak. Then he said those words. "Marry me" and he completely paralyzed you. But you didn't hesitate to answer, you loved him so much, it was everything you wanted. "Oh my God yes yee yess!!!" you managed to climb over the part that separated your seats to lean on him and kiss him. You just made him the happiest person alive.
It took you a while to decide what kind of ceremony to organize, but in the end you didn't do anything too exaggerated, the bare minimum that was enough to remember this beautiful day
When you work it seems impossible not being able to be with him, not being able to see him or feel his presence, but by now everyone had become accustomed to your method, very simple and one of the most popular to say the least: meetings in the call rooms. You always did it as soon as you had time, it was never enough.
When you fight you always feel guilty. It hurt you seeing him mad at you, or even worse that you were mad at him. But somehow one of the two of you always did something to forget what happened and get over it, and that was one thing that helped a lot and that you liked about your relationship.
After your marriage, you had taken a long period of time just for you. It was like being in heaven, you had a wonderful spa vacation. Well having an Avery in your life was an advantage!
You liked to cook, it was one of your common hobbies, and when you did it together, delicious dishes came out. It was also fun to do it, you fed each other seeing who prepared the best thing.
You hadn't talked much about kids yet... In short, you liked kids, but taking care of one was also a demanding thing... Once he had told you his opinion, starting a family is all he would have wanted. Well, one day you would have been ready to be a mother.
Before falling asleep, you always take a moment to stay in each other's arms. Feeling the calories of your bodies against each other was such a nice feeling, as you reassure each other with sweet words and tell how much you love each other, a fantastic way to fall asleep. "We're married..." you repeated to him sometimes still incredulous. "Yes, we're married..." he simply always repeated it to you, helping you to understand that it wasn't a dream, but the reality, as he cuddled closer to you and you both fell asleep.