❛ 𝘚𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 ❜ | 𝑻𝙚𝙙𝙙𝙮

ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘: Teddy Altman x f!reader ♡
𝕎𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤: mentions of shooting and injuries
-𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘥

You had seen millions of soldiers lose their minds and threaten anyone who bothered them with a weapon. So you knew how to behave. You knew how to act when that boy pulled a gun out of his pocket terrifying all the passers. You were walking to the hospital, you couldn't ignore the situation. Some of them had called the police, but no one had arrived yet, so you stepped forward. You knew somehow that boy wasn't into him, otherwise why threaten everyone with a gun?

You were about to get him to put the weapon down so that you would pick it up and he wouldn't scare anyone again, but then the police came yelling at him from behind, so he started getting really upset and angry, picking on you, saying that you tricked him, so he fired a bullet that hit you right in the belly. You felt a weight hit you, suddenly it was hard to even breathe, all you could do was collapse on the ground, closing your eyes, as the blood started flowing out and people ran to your rescue. Then you heard nothing more.

You were rushed to Grey-Sloan, where April and Teddy were waiting. She was prepared for the trauma of a gunshot wound, but with you it would have been different, and maybe finding out like this wouldn't have been even one of the best ways.

"What do we have?" Kepner asked when the ambulance arrived.

"Woman, 34, gunshot wound to abdomen, she lost much blood" the paramedics carried your stretcher off the vehicle.

"Y/n?" Teddy raised her eyes when she recognized you even you had an oxygen mask and were still unconscious. "Oh my God, what happened?!" she asked confused and afraid.

"Teddy it's okay, I'll call Owen, he'll help me with he, she'll be fine, okay?" April tried to calm her down as she just panicked.

Teddy followed her as she carried you into the room, where Owen and Meredith were already ready.

"Hey, isn't she Y/n?" Owen asked.

"God, what the hell happened?" Meredith asked too, with a worried tone.

"They said a guy shot her... she tried to stop him" April said starting to check you. Teddy was still near the entrance of your room, she put a hand on her mouth as she tried to hold on the tears. Owen noticed it, so he went to her.

"Teddy, you can't stay here..."

"I- I know, I just-" she stopped, couldn't continue the sentence.

"We'll take care of her, now you should take care of yourself" he reassured her. "Do you trust us?" she nodded wiping away a tear that she couldn't help but hold back, while Owen returned with the others to deal with you.

They gave you more units of blood and took you to surgery to get the bullet out and stop the bleeding. It had managed to puncture the intestine and diaphragm, luckily nothing they couldn't take care of. The repair was done perfectly, the most involved procedure was the extraction of the bullet as it risked damaging the artery, but you had been entrusted to the best, Teddy had nothing to fear.

When you woke up it took you a while to figure out where you were and why, then you turned around to find Teddy next to you, still crying. As soon as you woke up her face lit up and she squeezed your hand.

"God, you have to stop scaring me!" she wiped away her tears and you smiled at her.

"I... I couldn't not doing anything..." you justified yourself.

"I know, I know you" she stroked your cheek. "How are you feeling?" she asked.

"Weak, but fine" you kissed her hand which was still on your cheek.

Her gaze remained fixed on you for a while, before she started talking again.

"How would I do without you?" You sighed at her question.

"I'll be strong for tou whatever thing will happen, I promise" you smiled at her as she approached to kiss you on your lips, then laying next to you and holding you in each other arms, feeling safe.