Chapter 1

Word count: 506

Nice Dudley

======================

~Harry P.O.V.~

I wake up to the sound of banging on my tiny bedroom door, if you could even call it that.

It's the same exact thing every day, my magic-hating, muggle relatives banging on my door to wake me up, even though I rarely sleep anyway...

This morning, it's Uncle Vernon banging on the door. Usually it's Aunt Petunia. I must have done something wrong. I don't know what I did, but I'm sure that I'm about to find out.

"HARRY POTTER YOU COME OUT HERE RIGHT NOW, OR I'L COME IN THERE AND GET YOU MYSELF!" screamed my uncle.

"I'm coming!"

I know better than to scream at my uncle. Last time I did, it did not end well. I ended up with a black eye, and bruises and cuts all over my back from my uncle's belt. The only reason I'm still currently here at the Dursley's, is because I have nowhere else to go. I would rather be anywhere but here right now, because this house is a living nightmare.

"GO DOWNSTAIRS AND COOK US BREAKFAST, YOU USELESS WASTE OF SPACE," Uncle Vernon roared, "AND IF YOU BURN ANYTHING, YOU KNOW WHAT'LL HAPPEN TO 'YA!"

I sit up and walk over to my tiny closet, rubbing the tiredness from my eyes. I grab a tattered, short-sleeve, plaid shirt, that honestly looks more like a plaid blanket from the sheer size of it, that has started to smell, because I only get to wash my laundry once a month. I keep on my pajama pants, one of the few pairs I own, and walk over to the door. As soon as I open it, I am greeted by a spray of spittle from my overweight uncle, yelling at me again.

"TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH, NOW HURRY UP, I'M STARVING!"

I start to climb downstairs to the kitchen, and almost fall over when my cousin, who is very skinny compared to my uncle, rushes past me in an attempt to get to the table first. I've lived with the Dursley's long enough now, 13 years to be exact, to know exactly what they eat for breakfast, and exactly how they like to eat it. Vernon likes eggs and sausage, with a cup of coffee. Petunia likes to eat a bowl of fruit, and have a cup of tea. Dudley, however, is a whole other story, he likes French toast, bacon, eggs, sausage, and a glass of chocolate milk. He eats a lot for someone his age, yet he's still quite skinny. I have no idea how that works, I couldn't explain it if I tried.

I don't get to eat anything, unless there are leftovers, which there usually aren't. I've gotten quite skinny, and one time at Hogwarts, Ron almost saw how skinny I was, but I pulled my shirt down before he could. I would tell them everything, but I don't want to burden them with my problems. Speaking of my friends, I haven't heard from them all summer, but that's because of the fact that I haven't owled them yet this summer. It's almost time for me to go back to Hogwarts anyway. I can't wait to get out of here!

================================

A/N

Hello guys! This is my first ever story, so please be kind! I will accept constructive criticism only, any mean comments will not be tolerated. Also, please give me ideas for future parts!

Happy reading,

LITTLEMISSGREMLIN