Halloween special! 👻

Word count:668

Might be short

✨Drarry✨

And angst~

===========

~Harry P.O.V.~

Today was October 31st, which meant two things. One, it's Halloween, and two, it's also the day my parents passed. To everyone else at Hogwarts, it was a day to have fun and trade candy with others. They're so lucky...

At least I still had Draco, which surprised me a lot. If I'm being honest, I thought he would have left me to rot by now. It's still a possibility, why would he want someone like me around him? 

I try and get that thought out of my head; Draco wouldn't do that, right? Anyways, it was now around noon, and I was packing my bag to get ready to go to Godric's Hollow to visit my parents grave. I would do anything to be able to see them again, to hug them one last time.

I finish stuffing my invisibility cloak in my bag, which Sirius had insisted I take with me. They were only letting me go because Draco had offered to go with me, and had promised to keep me safe. I hear the door open behind me.

Speak of the devil.

"Harry, are you ready to go yet?"

I turn around and look at him, grabbing my school bag that I have temporarily repurposed for carrying my things. The only problem now was getting there. Since we couldn't Apparate yet, we would have to use floo powder, which I absolutely hated.

"Yeah, let's go."

"Okay," he says, grabbing my hand.

Together we walk into the kitchen over to the small fireplace.

*TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY MY LACK OF CREATIVITY*

When we arrive at Godric's Hollow, I breathe in deeply, the crispy air burning my throat. I feel a great sense of warmth standing here with Draco; it just feels right. I feel small tears prick the corners of my eyes and I quickly wipe them away.

"You okay Harry?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

For now at least...

"If it gets to be too much just tell me and we can go back, okay?"

I nod.

"Shall we go then?"

"Sure..."

I let him grab my hand and lead me to the church, since my brain decided to malfunction and forget where everything is. When we finally reach the church, I take the invisibility cloak out of my bag and throw it over myself and Draco. Together, we slowly walk to the back of the church to the graveyard, where there are rows and rows of headstones, some big, some small, some with flowers, some with candles, some grey, some marble, some black. Some have inscriptions on them, most of them quotes from famous people.

We reach the row of headstones in which my parents' also resides. Removing the cloak, I let go of Draco's hand and weave myself through the various gravestones to find my the one that belongs to my parents. I take a deep breath as I feel silent tears fall down my face. The worst thing is that I have no memories with them, all I know about them was told to me from someone else. I take out my wand and summon some lilies, the most beautiful ones I can manage to summon. Satisfied, I lay them down next to the stub of a candle from last year. I start to cry again, and this time I can't stop.

I feel Draco wrap his arms around my waist, calming me down.

"Hey, hey, calm down."

I take deep breaths and manage to calm myself down enough to talk.

"I think I'm ready to go back now."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

It's too much...

*LATER...*

When we finally arrived back at the hut, Draco and I said our goodbyes before I made my way to my room, watching him leaving through the window.

After that, I laid down on my bed, my eyes beginning to get heavy. Feeling tired, I crawl under the sheets and lay my head down on the pillow, slowly drifting off to sleep.

============

A/N

OMG! We made it to 3.4k!

Thank you guys so, so much!

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, I got writer's block...

Anyways, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

much love,

The author <3

Question of the day: What is/was your Halloween costume?

I was a random Ravenclaw girl and I can't wait to go trick-or-treating tonight!