Chapter 21

Word count:1142

Drarry fluff

I am sleep deprived rn so, that's great-

===============

~Draco P.O.V~

I walk outside, holding Harry's hand tightly, but not tight enough to hurt him in any way. I feel the warmth of the sun on my face as a slight gust of wind blows in my direction, messing up my hair. It's surprisingly warmer today, considering that's it's already fall. I had planned to meet Harry at the Three Broomsticks, but that's besides the point. The point is that no matter where I go, as long as Harry's there, I'm happy. I never really learned how to express my feelings properly, as my parents were always busy and would just buy me things to keep me occupied. My mother wasn't as careless about giving me attention as my father was, but I still felt lonely. When I got my letter from Hogwarts, I got excited. Maybe I'll make friends, I thought. Oh how wrong I was. Yes, there were Crabbe and Goyle, but they weren't really my friends. They only wanted to "befriend" me for my status among the Slytherin's, being a pureblood and a Malfoy. I wasn't sure anyone ever wanted me for me, so I distanced myself from others. I had no idea who I was supposed to be, the person my father wanted me to be, or if I was supposed to become the person wanted to be. My father wanted me to be so proper and fancy, or in other words, boring. I wanted to go outside and play in the mud like other kids my age, not sit in my father's study while he made me read for hours on end. I'm lost in thought when I feel a slight tug on my hand.

"Draco, are you okay?"

I shake my head slightly to clear my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm fine, why wouldn't I be?"

"You're not very good at lying, Draco," Harry says, frowning.

"I'm not bad, you're just good at telling when I'm lying," I say, crossing my arms.

"Oh come on Draco, just tell me what's wrong, please?"

"No, you wouldn't understand."

"Try me," he says, also crossing his arms.

"Fine, later though."

He gives me a soft smile as he uncrosses his arms and hugs me. I tense slightly, but relax as I feel him loosen his grip by a little bit. His hair looks so fluffy. I move my hand to touch it, but quickly bring it back towards me, because I don't know if he would want me to. He looks up at me, his green eyes sparkling like emeralds.

"It's okay, you can touch my hair. I don't mind, so long as you don't pull on it."

I stare back down at him and then hug him back, pulling him closer to my chest. I place my hand gently on the top of his head and start to run my fingers through it, being extra careful not to hurt him. Oh Merlin, it's even softer than I thought it would be. He leans into my touch, pressing his head against my hand. We just stand there for a few minutes, me running my fingers through his hair, him resting his head on my chest. He slowly pulls away, stepping back to look at me. I frown at his absence, already missing holding him in my arms.

"Feel better?" he asks.

"Yeah, a lot better. Thank you."

"No problem!"

As he says this, he smiles. Something about his smile gives me butterflies, it's just so him. I take his hand and start to lead him to a large oak tree near the front of the house. I bring him over to the base of the tree and sit down. 

"Come on, sit down."

"Okay," he says, that breathtaking smile still on his face.

He sits down in my lap and leans his head backwards onto my chest. He closes his eyes and I start to play with his hair. I don't know how long we sit there, but I quickly find Harry asleep again. I hear noises from inside the house; Sirius and Remus must be home. Sure enough, I see Remus open the door and step out of it, into the now significantly cooler weather. I watch as he makes his way towards us, noticing the small vile clutched tightly in his hand.

"What's that for?" I ask as he reaches the tree.

"It's for Harry. It seems something weird happened, maybe something to do with his Animagus form and everything. Things tend to go wrong early on when you become an Animagus, even if it's intentional. Harry's becoming an Animagus seems to be completely accidental, though, so I should hope that this will help."

"What do you mean by 'help'? Help with what?"

"He's been having mood swings lately. It's a miracle he still able to function properly, after everything he's been through."

"What do you mean by 'mood swings', exactly?"

"He's been extremely irritable lately, and he'll be happy one second and crying the next. I just wish that he would talk more to us, open up a little bit more. It pains me to see him like this."

"I know what you mean by 'mood swings' now, he got really happy when we came outside," I say, looking at the sleeping boy in my arms.

Remus follows my gaze and looks at Harry, seeming a little surprised.

"How in the world did you get him to fall asleep? He's been refusing to sleep for about a week now!"

"He has?" I ask, worried.

"Yeah, and his insomnia is making matters worse. I don't know how how bad his insomnia is yet, but I reckon it's pretty bad."

"Oh," I say quietly. 

I never knew he had insomnia. I guess that's one thing we have in common. I feel Harry turn over in my arms and hear his breathing speed up. He starts turning around more and a pained expression appears on his face.

"Shhhhh, you're okay, you're okay, you're safe," I whisper, while resuming the act of running my fingers through his hair.

He stops moving around so much and I hear his breathing steady while his face returns to it's normal state.

"I'll leave you two alone for right now," he says, handing me the vile. "Give this to Harry and make sure he drinks at least half of it."

"Okay, I will."

"I trust that you will take care of him. If I find that you harmed him in any way, I will not hold back."

I take the vile and nod before he walks back to the house, leaving me and Harry alone.

===========================

A/N

We made it to 1.3k! Thank you guys so much! I finally got motivation, although I am writing this at about 11:40 P.M.

Just don't question it, okay? Okay. 

Also, yes, I changed my username again! Sorry! (Jk I'm not, I think this one fits me better.) My username is now, drumroll please!

YoungFemMoonyFR!

love y'all lots <3,

The author

Question of the day: Do you like turtles?

I like turtles, they're very cute!