Chapter 7

Word count:1195

Sirius never dies AU

Free Sirius AU

Drarry in the next part

===============================

~Harry P.O.V.~

I wake up screaming, because of course I do. My scream wakes the other three, Hermione, Sirius, and Remus. I put my hand over my mouth, to keep myself from screaming more. They all three stand around me, looking at me.

"Harry! Are you okay?! What happened?!" Sirius asks, looking scared.

I remove my hand, and tears start to flow down my face. I sit back, and hug my knees, leaning my head on my knees.

"J-just a n-nightmare. I'm fine, sorry I woke you guys up..."

"Harry, if you're waking up screaming from a nightmare, you're very clearly NOT 'fine'-" Remus starts, when I hold up a hand to stop him.

"No, I'm fine. I promise. You don't need to worry about me."

"Harry, if something's bothering you, you know you can tell us, right? You can tell us anything." Hermione says softly, as if she talks to loud, I'll shatter into a million tiny pieces.

"I said, I'm fine." I speak through gritted teeth.

"No, you're not Harry."

"I SAID I'M FINE!"

I look up to see three pairs of eyes looking at me with worried expressions on each of their owner's faces. If you think that I like being the center of attention, you're deathly mistaken. I HATE it. It gives me anxiety.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell! I-I promise I won't do it again! Just please don't hit me!"

I cover my mouth with my hand yet again, realizing what I've just said.

"Why on earth would we hit you, Harry?" Remus asks. "Did those horrendous muggles hit you?!"

Uh oh. I messed up. I start to shake, my breathing speeding up.

"Haha, n-no, o-of c-course they didn't. I-I was just, I was just joking, yeah, it was a joke!"

"That didn't sound like a joke, and if it was, it wasn't very funny." Sirius says.

I decide to try and escape out the door, maybe wander around Diagon Alley for a bit, clear my head. I stand up, and run to the door as fast as I can, but I don't make it in time. I feel a strong pair of arms pick me up and place me on the bed. Then, I suddenly find Remus and Sirius on either side of me. Before they can ask me anything, I dart underneath the bed, and curl up into a ball on the dusty floor. It's not as bad as my cupboard, which was always filled with spare suitcases and what-not. At least I can fit under here, underneath the bed is about the height of my trunk, so I can just barely fit.

"Harry, stop hiding under the bed." Hermione says. "You're acting like a child, and I get that you're scared, but trust me, we're not going to hurt you."

"Hermione, don't worry, I've got this." says Remus. "Sirius did this all the time when we went to Hogwarts."

Remus then summons a fluffy blanket and some pillows, and lays them on the floor in front of the bed. He also summons a glass of hot cocoa, and holds it in his hand.

He whispers something that I can't decipher, and the three of them exit the room, closing the door behind them, after he sets the glass on the floor. I'm tempted to go and lay down on the blanket and sleep, but it'll make it easier for them to catch me off guard when they attack me. I hear my stomach rumble, and I watch as a treacle tart appears on a plate, next to the hot chocolate. Slowly, I make my way over to the blanket. Once I reach it, I wrap it around myself, sitting upright, leaning on the side of the bed. I reach for the treacle tart, and begin to eat it. I feel a lot calmer all of a sudden, kind of sleepy, in-fact. I'm too hungry to care about any calming potions or whatever he put in this though, and I finish it before picking up the hot chocolate. I start to sip from it, and it fills me with a warm and fuzzy feeling inside. I look up as I hear the door open, and I attempt to go back under the bed, but I can't move my feet. 

"Sorry Harry, it's just a simple Colloshoo spell, to keep you from darting under the bed again. Now, we will have to talk about what happened earlier sooner or later, but sometime today would be best. Or, if you want, you could write it down and not have to say anything at all. Like I said, Sirius used to do this a lot."

I stare at the floor in defeat, wondering how they will punish me for yelling at them. Once again, I can feel myself crying.

"Do you want a hug?"

I simply nod, tears streaming down my face like tiny rivers. I gratefully accept the hug, knowing it will be my last one I ever get from him. He does the same thing as yesterday, rubbing calming circles on my back while humming softly. It has the same effect on me that it did yesterday, and I fall asleep almost instantly.

{TIME SKIP TO FIRST DAY BACK TO HOGWARTS: AT THE TRAIN STATION}

It's almost time for the train to leave, and I am saying my final goodbyes to Sirius and Uncle Remus. Well, he's not my biological uncle, but I don't really care. I'll take him over Vernon any day. I started calling him Uncle Remus because he and Sirius had been talking last night, when they thought I was asleep. I lay there watching them, zoning out, until I saw them kiss. That's right, kiss. I decided to leave them and talk to them in the morning. It was a very awkward conversation to say the least, I'd rather not repeat anything that happened. Anyways, as me and Hermione met up with Ron and the three of us boarded the train, I wondered what crazy things would happen this year, what trouble I'd find myself in now.

"Hey, Harry, how was your summer?" Ron asks.

I'm about to respond when Hermione speaks up.

"Hey, Ron, Harry's been a little, ur, stressed lately, so I think he would appreciate some peace and quiet. Don't you agree, Harry?"

I just nod, not trusting myself to say the right thing.

"I've got to go to the bathroom, I'll be back." I say.

"Okay, just don't be too long." Hermione says.

===========================================

~Hermione P.O.V.~

While Harry's gone, I explain the last few days to Ron, and tell him not to mention anything about it to Harry. By the time I finish, Ron look as pale as a ghost, worry etched into every line of his solemn expression.

"So that's why he's been acting so weird!"

"Ron! Be quiet!"

Just then, we hear a knock on our compartment door. When we look over to see who it is, we see none other than Draco Malfoy. He opens the door, and steps inside.

"Where's Pottah?"

"Why do you need him?" I ask.

"I just want to talk to him."

"Yeah, sure, 'tAlK' my arse." Ron retorts.

==================================

A/N

Hi again! This chapter was going to be even longer, but I just decided that I would split it into 2 parts. Next part will have Drarry.

The author,

LITTLEMISSGREMLIN