Chapter Three

"It's too early for this." I groan as I made my way up the stairs. I felt myself stumbling everywhere, and it was hard to keep my eyes open.

This was bullshit.

If it wasn't for Jordyn, I would be back in my bed.

When I made it to the door, I sighed before opening it and walking inside. I saw Jordyn look over at me as I slowly walked to the chair and sat down.

My whole body was ready to give up on me. I felt my head go blank as if my brain was trying to restart itself, and my eyes were having a hard time staying open.

"I'm so tired." I sighed before leaning my head onto her desk.

"When did you go to sleep?"

"I didn't sleep."

"Why?"

"Too many thoughts running through my head."

"Like what?"

"I don't want to talk about it. It's too early."

"What happened yesterday?"

I kept my head down, pretending I was asleep so I wouldn't have to answer any questions. I knew that's why she wanted me here this early, and I should of ignored her.

But I couldn't ignore Jordyn, no matter how hard I tried.

"Kinsley?"

I lifted my head and saw her watching me, waiting for me to answer. I sigh before leaning back and stretching before shrugging.

"I don't know."

"You do."

I stared at the table before shutting my eyes. I could feel her watching me as I sat there for a moment, then opened my eyes and looked at her.

"I ditched school after your class."

"Why?"

"I'm tired of it here. I want to leave."

"Why do you want to leave?"

"Everyone in this school and town hates me. I'm better off leaving or dead."

Jordyn was quick to grab my hand, making me stare at it for a moment. I looked up and saw her eyes, which held worry in them.

"Don't ever say that. Do you understand me?"

"It's true."

"No, it's not. That's what your mind says. Don't listen to it, Kinsley. Nobody hates you."

"Yes. They. Do." I said, making her release my hand once I pull away. "I'm ready to leave."

Jordyn kept looking at me before sighing. I saw worry in her eyes, which didn't phase me. I knew Jordyn worried about me, but I kept telling her not too.

She leaned back into her chair as I rubbed my eyes before standing up. I walked to the table in front before crawling on top of it and laying down.

"You need to get more sleep, Kinsley. It's not healthy for you."

"Try having my mind." I said as I closed my eyes. "It's constantly running, and I can't let it rest."

The room was silent for a moment as I felt myself starting to relax and drift off to sleep.

*

7 Years Before

"Where are you going?" My mom asks as I was grabbing two waters from the fridge. I saw her look over at me as she was standing in front of the stove.