Chapter Six

"Kinsley?"

I was woken up by my sister calling my name and shaking me from a very deep sleep. I had to blink a few times before realizing that I was in my bed and Amanda was basically hovering over me.

"Yeah." I yawned before sitting up, seeing her look at me. "What?"

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah?"

"You slept in."

I looked over at the table next to my bed, reading the clock that read 10:16 in green letters. I looked around again, not remembering going to sleep last night or hearing my sister come home.

"Are you ok?" She repeated.

"Yeah. I guess I was tired."

She continued to look at me before sitting on the edge of my bed. I saw her reach over and touch my forehead for a moment before pulling away.

"You don't have a fever."

"I'm not sick."

"You never sleep in."

"I guess I was tired."

"What happened last night?"

"What do you mean?"

"I called you, but you never answered. I also texted you while you were at school to remind you to let me know when you got home."

"Oh."

"Are you sure you're ok?"

"I'm fine." I said, not fully understanding anything right now. "I guess I was in a deep sleep."

"You need anything?"

"No."

"I got called into work again. I go in at twelve. I need to make sure you're ok..."

"I'm fine."

"I'll be working a lot now." She sighs. "I can always tell them that I can't do it."

"No, go."

"What about you?"

"I'll be fine."

"Kinsley, be serious. You can't be left alone. You know this."

"I'll be fine." I said, standing up and walking to the bathroom. I shut the door behind me before standing in front of the mirror and stared at my reflection for a moment.

After walking out, I didn't see Amanda. I got ready then walked downstairs to the kitchen. I heard her voice as I walked in, and stopped when I saw her on the phone.

"It's just... I have nobody else. I hate to ask you this cause I know you're busy also.. thank you so much, Jordyn."

"Wait..." I saw her look over at me as I stared at her. "Jordyn? What did you ask?"

She smiled at me before turning her back and continued to talk on the phone. I grabbed a water from the fridge then watched her as she kept talking on the phone.

When I approached her, she stepped away, but I followed her around. I kept walking behind her as she walked out of the kitchen then finally hung up once we were in the living room.

"Amanda, what did you ask Jordyn?"

"If she could watch you while I work."

"What? Why?"

"Because you're not capable of staying by yourself."

"Yes, I am."

"No, you're not. Don't start with me. Jordyn already agreed."

Me, Myself & I (teacherxstudent)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें