Chapter Eight

The weeks went by, and Amanda was now about to be working her life away.

It was a nightmare and a blessing at the same time. I hated and liked it both, which bothered me a lot. I didn't like the idea of Jordyn staying with me, but I knew that Jackson wouldn't come around if she was near.

The last time I saw Jackson was that day in my driveway. I wasn't sure if I threatened him away, but I'm glad I didn't see him anymore.

Amanda already asked me a few times about why I was acting weird, and I told her a lie because if I told her that Jackson was back... she would probably freak out, then never work again.

She and mom blamed Jackson for so many things.

Amanda blamed Jackson for how fucked-up I was, even though she didn't say I was fucked-up, but I knew what she meant.

Mom didn't like him because he was a troublemaker back when we were younger. He did things that normal teenage boys do; get in trouble.

But what they didn't understand was how Jackson made me into someone that I liked... then someone I hated.

But for the most part, he made me.

I'll admit that I did things I shouldn't have done, but he was my best experience to the world. He was my first everything, and I wouldn't trade that for anything.

But now, I really wish I never met him. I wish I didn't know his name or face, and I wish he would just... disappear forever.

"Are you sure you're ok with this? I hate dropping all of this on you." Amanda said to Jordyn as she was getting ready to go to work.

"It's totally fine. I don't mind it at all." Jordyn smiled at her. I was sitting at the table, eating a bowl of cereal as it was in the afternoon after school when Amanda called Jordyn over.

Jordyn had her bags packed like she was ready to move in. I saw at least three bags when she walked in, which made me surprised.

Amanda thanked her again before walking over to me. I stared at her as she smiled, reaching down and was ready to hug before pulling away.

"Sorry. I love you... if you need anything, please call me. Be good and stay out of trouble." She turned to Jordyn and continued to talk to her about everything that she needed to do if I was to go on a rampage.

That made me roll my eyes as I continued to eat my cereal.

Amanda walked to me then patted my head, making me look up at her. I furrowed my eyebrows as she smiled then turned towards Jordyn before walking towards her.

They talked another moment before Amanda asks Jordyn to step out of the kitchen. I watch them before turning my attention back towards my cereal before finishing it.

After I was done, I tossed the bowl and spoon in the sink just in time for Jordyn to walk back in the kitchen. I saw her smile before looking around.

"Well..."

"We don't have to make it weird." I said, making her raise an eyebrow.

"How would we make it weird?"

"You're my teacher... we see each other at school and now we're practically living together."

"Nothing wrong with that."

"It's never wrong in your eyes."

"What do you mean?" She asked as she crossed her arms.

"The rumors-"

"Kinsley, please let them stupid rumors go... stop letting it affect you so much."

"I can't help it when everyone is still making fun of me for it. I get dirty looks from everyone and some still call me the teacher fucker."