Chapter Twelve

When I woke up the next day, I was alone in the house. I looked at the time once my eyes adjusted to the light coming from the back door and saw that it was a little after ten in the morning.

Jordyn must have left for school but didn't wake me up.

When I grabbed my phone, I didn't see any missed calls or text messages from anyone. I stared at it before placing it down on the table, then sitting up.

I noticed I was covered up with a blanket, which I don't remember putting any on last night. I tossed it off me before standing up and walking out of the living room.

As I was turning to walk up the stairs, Amanda stopped me from behind. I looked over at her as she was walking out of the kitchen. "Hey."

"Hey. I was about to go up to my room."

She nods as she steps closer. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine?" I question, a little confused.

"Jordyn said you weren't feeling good, that's why you didn't go to school."

"Jordyn told you that?"

"Yeah. I was about to come check on you."

"I feel fine." I said, before walking upstairs and leaving Amanda downstairs. I walked into my room before grabbing some clothes and going to the bathroom to take a shower.

After my shower, I got dressed then blow-dried my hair before brushing it out. I was standing in front of my mirror in the bedroom, then saw Amanda standing at my door.

"Where are you going?"

"Out."

"Where?"

"I don't know. Just out."

"Kinsley, you don't need to go anywhere."

"I'm not sick." I stated, looking in the mirror as I was brushing my hair. "I need to get away from this house for a moment."

"Why?"

"Because I have a lot in my head right now. I feel like the room is spinning."

"Maybe you need to go to the doctors."

"No, I'm not sick. I just need to clear my head by being alone for a while." I saw her stare at me with concern in her eyes. "I'm fine, Amanda."

Amanda kept standing there, looking at me with worry in her eyes. I could tell she didn't like the idea of me leaving the house, but I needed to get away.

My head was stuck in a fog.

She finally left me alone, and I finished getting ready. I had my hair up, my shoes laced and my phone in my pocket. I made sure to grab my keys before walking out of the room and downstairs.

Amanda stopped me once more before I got the chance to escape. I was listening to her tell me to be careful and to call her if I needed her, which all I did was nod in response because I was more than ready to leave.

After leaving the house, I had my helmet in my hands and my backpack as I hopped on my bike. I placed my phone in my pocket, then tossed my helmet on my head before starting the bike up.

As I drove away from the house and down the street, I felt a sense of freedom that I only feel when I'm on my bike. I couldn't explain the feeling to anyone else because they would never understand it like I do.

My mind was all over the place right now. Between Jackson and Jordyn, I wasn't sure where to even begin to express my anger.

With Jackson, he was constantly stalking me and irritating me to the point where I'm about to hurt him. I couldn't understand what he wanted to talk about that's so important. I will not give him the chance to speak, because he made his decision three years ago when he decided to leave me.