Chapter Fourteen

It has been a very long time coming, and I apologize. Things have been hectic in my life, but welcome back to this story.

I understand that some people probably have forgotten about the plot of this story, so before you go back and read; I got y'all.

Recap: Jackson is Kinsley's imagination, and he admitted to being in her head. All her life has been nothing but lies; to her mom and sister lying about Jackson to keep Kinsley happy. Jackson admitted that Jordyn knew about Jackson, and Amanda has told Jordyn that if Kinsley mentioned Jackson, then she needed to contact Amanda immediately.

"It's been awhile."

"It has been awhile." I saw the man stare at me before crossing his legs again, trying to get more comfortable.

I took the room in.

It appears I haven't been here in years. I felt like I was dreaming because I can't remember the last time I was in the therapist office.

"What's on your mind, Kinsley?"

"Nothing."

"Is there anything you want to talk about?"

"No. Why?" I ask, sensing that he was questioning something that I didn't know.

"You can talk to me about anything, Kinsley. I'm here to talk."

This man was new to this whole environment. I managed to get rid of the other man, making him quit his job and leave this place for good.

Which was great.

But this man was even worse than the other one. I could sense that he was about to get on my last nerve as well.

"I'm not here to become your enemy, Kinsley. I want to be your friend."

"You know, the last one said that. The other one before that said that also. They all say that. I know what you really want, and that's a paycheck. You're wasting my time, and your time." I said, making him nod before shifting slightly in his chair.

When Amanda suggested that I get a new therapist, I told her that she was crazy. But of course, I'm the crazy one here, so she didn't listen to me and here I am.

"How is school?"

"School is school." I said, leaning my head back and staring at the ceiling.

"Any friends?"

"Yeah." I said, keeping my head back and relaxed.

"Do you still take your meds?"

"Yep." I said.

I heard him writing some things down in his notepad as I continued to stare at the ceiling. I was more than ready to get done with this whole bullshit, that I was thinking about walking out and not coming back.

Nobody would have to know. I could leave and not tell anyone.

Except for Jordyn.

I'll tell her everything.

Even though sometimes I don't want to do that, but she was the only friend I had. The only person that knew me and didn't judge me by how fucked up I was.

"Alright, Kinsley. You may leave."

"Really?" I saw him nod, and I never moved faster in my life. I rushed to the door and walked out, feeling a relief rush over me as I smiled once I walked down the hallway.

As I was walking, I felt someone walking up behind me. I turned my head and saw Jackson walking up with a smile on his face.

"What?"