Chapter Four

"You want to go to the arcade in town?"

That was the message I woke up to the next morning. I was tired and didn't want to leave the bed, but Jordyn was messaging me without end.

She tried calling me, but I ignored it.

When I finally woke up, I groaned before grabbing my phone and seeing her calling me. I ignored it, then tossed the blankets off me before getting up.

I walked into the bathroom, peed and brushed my teeth before walking back to my room and flopping on the bed. I sighed as I laid there, then heard my phone going off.

"Jordyn... I'm about to murder you." I scratched my neck before answering my phone. "What do you want, woman?"

"For you to wake up."

"Why? It's the weekend. Let me sleep."

"Kinsley... it's one in the afternoon. I was worried, ok?"

"I call bullshit. You just wanted to wake me up."

"That's not true."

I sigh. "What do you want... really?"

"Just seeing if you wanted to go do something."

"And be seen out in public with you... again? And let everyone start those rumors that never really died? I'll pass."

"Kinsley, you have to stop thinking like that. You need to ignore everyone."

"Jordyn... you almost lost your job."

"I know."

"I almost got sent somewhere."

"Yes..."

"So..." I groaned. "You're so confusing."

She chuckles, and I roll my eyes. "Can you come by my house?"

"Sure." I hung up afterwards.

Thankfully, Amanda was cool with Jordyn, and didn't mind me going over to her house. I thought Amanda wouldn't let me near Jordyn anymore cause of what happened, but she likes Jordyn enough to ignore everyone.

When I first started high school, Jordyn was my only friend. We got close, hung out in the classroom and did almost everything together. I would sit with her at assembly's or sit with her at lunch in the cafeteria because we were really close.

Well, that started up rumors about us.

Some stupid kid starting saying that we were sleeping with each other, and it caught the attention of the principal, along with the school board and cops.

There was a huge investigation that lasted for a month, but there were no proof so it eventually it died down.

But even after everything that happened, everyone is still looking at us weird. I can see that they're still trying to get some proof on us and it's pissing me off.

Jordyn ignores it like she didn't almost lose her job because of it.

But yet, she still wants me around her.

After thinking it over for a few minutes, I got dressed and walked out of the room. I went to Amanda's room, peeked in and saw her sleeping before shutting the door and walking downstairs.

Once I made sure I had everything, I walked out the door then turned to lock it. I walked to my bike, grabbed my helmet, then hopped on before starting it.

As I let it idle for a moment, I looked down and noticed that I needed gas. I sighed before backing out of the driveway and getting onto the road before revving it a little, then taking off.