Chapter Eleven

"Are we willing to talk today?"

The noises from the fan on his desk was driving me crazy. I tightly closed my eyes, feeling them start hurting as I was trying to get that noise out of my head.

"Kinsley?"

"I don't want to talk."

"Kinsley..." He sighed, making me look at him. "We need to do something because we're not getting anywhere."

"Not my fault." I said, making him stare at me before writing more things down.

This feeling I had in my head wasn't going away and it's been over a month now since all this shit started happening.

With Jackson coming back, to having memories about my past almost every day. I wasn't sure what to do at this point, but talking about it wasn't an option.

The man was writing something down, and I looked around the room. I noticed the bookshelf over on the right that had books lined up. It appears they haven't been touched in years because there was dust everywhere.

My eyes landed on the desk behind the man, and I glanced around at all the items he had laying out on it. I hated everything blue, and it seemed to be his favorite color since everything on the desk was almost all blue.

"Kinsley?"

"What?" I said, looking at him and seeing him look at me.

"What did you have for breakfast this morning?"

"I don't eat breakfast. Mostly drink a lot of water."

"That's good." He said as he stared at me for a moment before looking down at the notebook in his lap. "Do you eat lunch?"

"Some days."

"What's your favorite food?"

"I don't know."

"You don't have a favorite food?"

"Maybe... I don't know."

I watched as he wrote something down before looking back up at me. I wasn't sure what he was even doing, but he wasn't about to get inside my head.

As the time went on, he tried asking me questions about my mom, which I ignored. I knew he was getting frustrated with me, but he wasn't showing any signs of frustration.

When our time was cut, I sighed before standing up. I saw him standing as well before looking at me and smiling at me, making me furrow my eyebrows.

"Take care, Kinsley." He said before turning towards his desk and walking to it. I watched him for a moment before walking to the door and leaving the room.

As I walked down the hall, I rounded the corner then saw Jordyn waiting for me. She was pacing around the main entrance before looking over and seeing me, smiling at me as she walked towards me.

"How was it?"

"Weird." I said, shaking my head.

"How?" she asked as we walked outside to the parking lot.

"The man was being weird about asking questions. It felt weird being in there."

Jordyn opened the passenger door for me before allowing me to get inside. She got in the driver side before starting the engine and leaving the parking lot in a few moments.

"What was he doing?"

"Just asking questions about my mom... but he's been trying to get information about her lately, and it's weird."

"Why has he been asking about your mom?" she asked, looking at me before looking back at the road. "Maybe he was trying to dig a little deeper on something."