Tiffany(f) x Charlie(m)

Tw: mild profanity

TIFFANY'S POV:

I saw it click over to 12 am on my watch, as my boyfriend leaned over on the edge of the fountain towards me.

"Heyyy, Tiffany?" He said.

"Hello Charlie," I laughed back.

"I have something I wanted to tell you," he said.

Oh no, he's going to tell me he loves me. Do I love him? Well I think so but I'm not ready to TELL him.

I started sweating. "Oh? Do tell."

"Well I've been thinking about this for a while and I think it's time to bring it up. We've been together for a while now, and I think it's time to take our relationship to the next-" "I'm not ready to say it!" I cut Charlie off.

There was silence.

We could only hear the ocean in the distance and the crittering of insects.

"Sorry, what?" Charlie teared though the thin sound of silence. He grabbed my hands with his.

I could feel the heat rush to my face, and it felt like my vision was clouded and I wasn't really awake.

"I'm not ready to say I love you yet. I'm sorry," I said, as I started breathing heavily.

"That's perfectly okay, I wasn't going to say it or expect you to say it. I was actually going to suggest that we get a joint pet." The words came out of Charlie's mouth like melted chocolate; warm and comforting.

I paused. "Wait, really?"

"Of course. I saw a cute turtle at the pet store the other day, and that's what gave me the idea," he smiled.

I've really picked out a winner.

"Well, just so you know, it's not that I don't love you. I do, but I'm not really sure if it's too early to say anything," I said.

"You do what?"

"I do love you," I said quickly without thinking.

"Oh. I love you too," Charlie said with a smug grin.