002.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃─────⋅☾

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

ONE. TWO. THREE. AGAIN. The same rhythm, the same steps, the same outcome. Again. One. Two. Three. The soles of her feet felt heavier than usual, redness began to seep through to the surface and as she fell to the floor once more, she let out a shaky, tired breath before gently unlacing the ribbon that had held it all together. It revealed a picture contrary to the woman who stood on those same two feet.

Callouses, cuts and dried blood, not to mention the ugly blisters near hear toes. She winced at the site before sliding on her pointes and following the same, monotonous steps.

Dance is passion to some, to her it is punishment, for it was never meant to teach her freedom that comes with expression but to cage her by making her dance the same dance over and over until her feet gave out completely. She swallowed her pain and finally made it through the dance of swan lake. Swiftly, a cane hit her in the back and she fell but made no sound "Again!"

Shakily her hands gripped the support bar as Tchaikovsky's tune began playing once more and she started again.

One. Two. Three

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

AFTER HER TORTUROUS DANCE LESSON. Shadow couldn't feel her own two feet though she was grateful, in the next twenty four hours she would have had to endure rigorous training and it helped when she couldn't feel parts of her own body. The numbness helped to ease whatever pain she would feel in that moment. Only to spring up again at night. But she she wouldn't have training today. The usual kind anyway. Fortunately.

Her training sessions had only gotten much harder since the last time, and she had a hunch why. Weeks after her return from Gotham city, she had heard the news that Kid Flash, Robin and Aqualad had broken into Cadmus and exposed much of the Light and their secrets—taking along with them a weaponised clone.

Therefore, after the fizzle, the Light had been ending connections with several associates. She had killed more in this week than she had in months. She would usually be heading out for such missions alone. A skill she had developed quite well, not many had, not everyone could sneak in and out of the shadows without being spotted, not everyone could make death look like an accident.

Sensei stood near the training grounds and nodded at her and she bowed "Shadow. You are relieved of training today. Our assignment needs to be completed immediately." As she expected. He walked away and she followed him into one of the briefing rooms, seeing Hook and Black spider sitting in the chairs.

Sensei didn't waste another moment and began "Our employers are ending...their relationships with certain corporations they were previously doing business with" He looked at Shadow who held her usual expressionless face and he turned to the others "Cutting ties so to speak because of the fiasco with Cadmus" He revealed and stood straighter "They are being cautious. They do not want anything traced back to them. This is the reason we are called into action."