010.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃─────⋅☾

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

IT WAS AFTER MIDNIGHT IN GOTHAM CITY. SHADOW STOOD NEAR THE GATES OF A SECLUDED MANSION, WAITING FOR HER TARGET. Ethan Durham, mafia contact and a known collector, was the new unfortunate soul to fall under the League's radar and she had been tasked to kill him.

She had been waiting for him to fall asleep to execute the plot. Making sure each parameter had been clear and all of the sites were safe for her to move forward. She landed on the roof and watched from a from the sky light, it gave a perfect view of his hallway, that connected to the study he was currently sitting in.

She didn't have to turn to know that someone had landed on the roof behind her, but what she didn't expect was for the figure to tackle her down. She was now face to face with the Boy Wonder and huffed in annoyance

"What the hell are you doing here?" She questioned and the Boy Wonder found himself smirking "Stopping you, apparently"

"Get out of my way"

"Sorry Wednesday" She raised a brow at the nickname and stared at him blankly "Must you call me that?" He shrugged "Yeah that one came out a little too Wally-like" He had decided to stick to it "But, I can't have you kill people with me on patrol"

"Oh well if it's such an inconvenience to you..." She trailed sarcastically and he shrugged "Look, you can't do this"

"I can assure you, I am very much capable of doing this" He nodded "I don't doubt that" He then stood up and offered her his hand but she declined and stood on her own. "But, I won't let you" He stated smugly

"You can try" She mocked "But, you will not succeed and as far as our agreement goes..." She trailed off, stepping closer and made a move to strike him which he blocked, allowing her to swipe his feet and make him fall, she gripped his arm and kicked him in the back, causing him to fall off the roof as she had expected, but he managed to catch onto a latch "I cannot throw you off our roof, but any other rooftop is certainly welcomed"

"You really like throwing me off rooftops, don't you?" She shrugged "A certain irony to it I suppose. You're a bird without flight" She smirked and he was quick to flip up and over her shoulders, bringing her down with his weight, his arm wrapped around her throat as he held her "I'm not into paradoxes"

"Explains your hatred for me then" She said as she gripped his arm and pulled him down before elbowing him in the face to make him release her. Each went a few steps back, with Robin groaning slightly at the pain but his adrenaline was too high to sense the severity of it. They were about to attack eachother when a vase breaking caught their attention.

"You planted in another guy?" He questioned with furrowed brows as he watched confusion spread across her features momentarily "No"

"Then who—" He were cut off by the sound of shuffling, things being thrown around and finally a loud yell. Immediately, they both raced back towards the skylight and observed nothing in the hall. She looked at Robin who made a motion for the study window a few steps away and if anything his confusion was only raised at the sight he saw "What even..." He mumbled