022.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃─────⋅☾

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

MOUNT JUSTICE
JANUARY 1, 18:18 EST

"NEPTUNE'S BEARD" LAGOON BOY LET OUT A GRUNT AS HE FELL TO THE GROUND, HITTING IT WITH HIS FIST "You did it to me again. I don't care how many years you trained as Robin and then Nightwing." He took the hand that Nightwing offered him "One of these days, you're mine, chum."

"I don't doubt it, Lagoon Boy. But, you should've gone for training with Shadow. She would've taught you a thing or two" Nightwing grinned as he helped him up "No I'm—" The Atlantean paused "—The assassin frightens me"

"She frightens everyone" Nightwing stated with a grin and shook his head, Lagoon Boy moving away from the Team captain and towards the Zeta Beams, awaiting the Team. Shadow seemingly appeared out of nowhere and stood next to Nightwing, who had sensed her presence, it was as if he had gotten used to her tricks by now "Not entirely true" She stated

"I do not frighten you. If I were such a terror, you would make it your mission to avoid me and I would be at peace" She told him, staring at the screen in front as he analysed a few graphs and crime charts.

"You love my company"

"I tolerate your company"

RECOGNISED:
- SUPERBOY; B04 - MISS MARTIAN; B05
- BUMBLEBEE; B18- BEASTBOY; B19
- ROBIN; B20 - BLUE BEETLE; B22

"Slow down, beautiful! You can wanna tell me what's on for tonight?" Mal stopped Bumblebee who seemed to be in a rush after she transformed back to her regular size.

"Ooh, sorry, Mal, I can't! I'm already late for a lab session with Dr. Palmer. Rain check, baby, okay?" Karen said in response, proceeding to run out of the mission room "Rain check. Sure." The man muttered. 'Relationships' Shadow thought. Such a dilemma. They can either become your greatest strength or a grave vice.

She had observed several relationships around her. So many. So different from each other. Relationships. They don't always make sense. Especially from the outsider's perspective.

But her take on matters was often right.

A busy, vibrant, goal-oriented woman is so much more attractive than a woman who waits around for a man to validate her existence. He loved her for almost everything she was & she decided that was enough to let him stay for a very long time. Most men claim to desire driven, independent and confident women. Yet when confronted with such a creature reverence often evolves into resent. For just like women, men need to be needed. That had been most recently the dilemma in this couple's life.

The other one...

"Welcome home, Angelfish," Lagoon Boy smiled enthusiastically at the Martian. "Thank you, La'gaan!" The Martian replied, kissing the Atlantean, causing Superboy to glare resentfully at the two,"I'm hittin' the showers," Superboy declared, heading toward his room.