019.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃─────⋅☾

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

EXCERPT FROM THE SHADOW FILES:
'THE GIRL HE LOVES'

'THE GIRL HE LOVES IS MIDNIGHT, LIKE THE BLUE OF THE SEA CRADLED BY THE MOONLIGHT.'

WALLY WEST WASN'T THE FASTEST OF THE FLASH FAMILY. BUT, HIS CONNECTION WITH THE SPEED FORCE STILL EXISTED. IT WAS DETERMINATION THAT LED HIM TO BECOMING FAST ENOUGH TO BREAK BARRIERS BECAUSE, ONCE YOU MAKE A DECISION, THE UNIVERSE CONSPIRES TO MAKE IT HAPPEN.

"Are you sure?" Mal questioned as he looked over the charts that Wally had given him, not understanding the science part of it all but, he did get the technical point to it and stood looking around the open field.

"Totally! I need to keep up my need for top speed. So that I can still be useful when I inevitably save the world" He smiled smugly and Mal crossed his arms and rolled his eyes at him "Fine go ahead" He held up the stop watch as Wally pulled down his goggles, getting into position, ready to run to and back from the north to the south.

"Three, Two—" Wally already took off, the speed from his start caused most of the papers and the tent to fly backwards and away "—One" Mal muttered to himself as he looked around at the mess and sighed to himself.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

'THE GIRL HE LOVES IS VERDANT, THE VERY GREEN OF THE HILL KISSED BY THE SUMMER DELIGHT. '

Kid wasn't sure how much he had ran but the Earth seemed to have shift since he wasn't back on the field where he once started. He found himself in Blüdhaven for some strange reason and things seemed...almost the same. Except the gigantic Cobra that was slithering through the streets, headed straight for him.

He was about to run but a beam shot out of the sky managed to hit the thing and subdued it, he turned around to see a woman with...green glowing eyes? Her hair red and she seemed to be wearing a purple bikini for some weird reason or another. Kid didn't have time to chat as he gripped her arm and ran her out of the way when another, similar Cobra emerged from the alleyway to attack them, he ran them upto a rooftop and looked down to examine the scene.

"Toto I don't think we're in Kansas anymore..." He muttered to himself. Unconscious people littered the street while others were almost like mind controlled zombies that began to crawl around the area. The woman who had saved turned to him in gratitude "Thank you for you assistance..."

"Kid Flash" She looked slightly confused upon hearing his name "Should you not be named with The Flash then?"

"Uh...long story? Dimensional travel I think"

"Ah yes. I am familiar with the theory of the multiple dimensions" A figure landed behind them "Nightwing"

"Dude! Thank God—a familiar face! Woah" He sped around Nightwing, taking in his older self...possibly twenty six "You finally grew into the height here? Name's Kid Flash"