024.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃─────⋅☾

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

WASHINGTON DC
PEARSON & CO
FEBRUARY 7, 10:30 EST

SHE HAD BEEN SCOURING THE SHELVES, LOOKING FOR CASE FILES IN THE BASEMENT WHEN A BLUR WAS CAUGHT IN HER PERIPHERAL VIEW. TO FOOL SHADOW WAS SOMETHING VERY HARD. NOT MANY COULD DO SO. NOT EVEN THE MOST SKILLED. THAT WAS HOW SHE HAD BEEN TRAINED.

She was quick to grip the hand that reached out for her, using the large binder in her other hand to push down the assailants left arm before twisting them around and forcing them to the ground, her very high heel landing near their throat.

She crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes "I do not know whether to be disappointed at your stupidity..." She removed her foot "...or applaud your bravery for even thinking to try something of this sort"

"Now we can speak like civilised women or I can tear your arm off and call it a day." She offered and the attacker took her hand, pulling up her cap to reveal Cheshire— Jade Nguyen, who narrowed her eyes. Shadow picked up the binder and motioned for her to follow her into her office.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of your questionable company?" She asked, taking a seat. Cheshire did the same. Shadow laced her fingers and watched her with a blank look "I'm desperate"

"Am I to assume that is new information?" The woman's eyed her in annoyance "I need to know the location of the real Roy Harper"

She paused for a moment "And you are so sure I know?" Cheshire's reply had been quick "I know you do. The last time he was seen, you were the one in charge of the task force that took him and match from Cadmus when the League was controlled by Savage"

Shadow nodded in agreement "Yes. Except I was not aware of the contents within those vessels. So you may have reached a dead end with your research"

The woman was quiet. Before letting out a sigh
"Shadow. Please."

Shadow leaned back, enjoying how she had  Cheshire feel uncomfortable and irritated in her presence "Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. She is adorable. Fine specimen. Has her father's eyes" She pulled out a photograph she had swiped from Cheshire's pocket and the assassin's eyes narrowed into a protective glare, "If you—"

"—I advise you to be cautious about whatever you say next. Your threats mean nothing." She handed her the picture back and Cheshire snatched it, pocketing it immediately.

"I wouldn't harm a child." She added firmly "Though I assume you are looking for ways to redeem her father?" She asked rhetorically "How Artemis is friends with you is beyond me"

"Intellectuals tend to enjoy my company"

"Are you saying I'm stupid?"

"I was rather implying it. Nice to see you so self aware" She let out a breath "The last of those pods were sent to Luther's laboratory to house Match. He has no use of the Harper boy so I assume he was instead sent to Tibet. There is a facility that houses suspicious people there. You know about that one, correct?"