Chapter Sixteen

The stagehands worked quickly to get us hooked up to our microphones while our interviewer, who was also the host of the show, introduced the live audience as well as the online viewers. The only information that we were told beforehand, is that the interviewers name is Felix, and we were going to play some sort of game.

"And now, please help me welcome your favourite band, Tokio Hotel!" we heard Felix yell out, gesturing for us to come onstage. I glanced over nervously at Tom, who shot me a reassuring smile as we all followed Bill onto the stage. 

The crowd went wild as we walked out, many of them holding posters saying things like "ILY TOKIO HOTEL", "TOM YOU'RE SO SEXY", or even "MARRY ME ELLE". 

The 5 of us smiled and waved to the audience before sitting on long couch. Felix sat on a chair beside the couch, angled towards us. Bill sat closest to Felix on the couch, then me, Tom, Georg, and Gustav. I could tell Tom was trying hard to sit beside me when he made Georg slide over to make room for himself. 

"How are you all doing tonight," Felix asked enthusiastically. We answered with a few "goods" and "greats". "You all look amazing, especially you Eleanor," he winked as he complimented me. I heard Tom suck in a sharp breath at his words.

"Oh, thank you!" I smiled back at him nervously. "So we've all heard about your new tour which you've performed one concert during so far. You also just released your newest album. What was the process for creating this album, and what was the inspiration behind it?"

Before any of us had a chance to answer, Bill jumped in and started talking right away. He was normally the spokesperson of our group, mainly because he was super outgoing anyway. I started to zone out Bill's voice as I felt one of Tom's arms wrap around my waist and pull me closer to him.

I glanced at him, then towards the cameras and audience, knowing that people would probably see what he's doing and get suspicious of it. Tom just shrugged his shoulders in response as if he didn't care at all. 

"So Eleanor, you have a really great voice, which we all know by now. Would you even consider a solo career?" Felix ask me. "As of right now, no- definitely not. I've grown up with these guys and I wouldn't be the person that I am today without them. I wouldn't have gotten as far in my career as I have today with them by my side, and they've supported me from the start," I replied seeing the boys smile at my response. 

Felix nodded while he listened. "Wow, you are very loyal to them I see," he said, making me smile because I knew it's true. 

A few more questions were asked, mostly about the tour and our music- which is basically what we always talk about, before Felix brought up the game they mentioned to us earlier. 

"If you guys have even watched my show before, you'd know that I like to play lots of games with the guests that I host. So are you up for one right now?" he said while standing up and grabbing something from one of the stagehands. Although we were obliged into doing it, we all nodded our head in response.

We were all handed a ping-pong looking paddle that had a phrase on each side. One side said "I have" and the other read "I have never". I immediately knew what game Felix was going to have us playing. 

"The game is called Never Have I Ever. I will ask a question, and you will hold up your paddle with either the side saying that you have, or have not done what I've asked. Does that make sense?" he explained to us. Once we heard and understood the instructions, Felix began the game. 

"Never have I ever lied to someone in the band."

I knew for sure that I have lied a few times to them, not about anything bad though, so I held up the I have side. I chuckled in shock as I saw that everyone else had done the same. 

"Alright, next question. Never have I ever used someone elses toothbrush." 

"Thats gross," Bill twisted his face as he held up the I have never side. Everyone else did the same, except Tom who was trying to hide his laughter while holding up the I have side. "Who's did you use?" I turned my head to face him. 

"Uhh you probably don't want to know..." his said nervously. "Oh god, please don't say it was mine," I groaned, making him burst out laughing. "Y-yeah, but it w-was awhile ago," he said between laughs. I rolled my eyes and leaned back against the couch, turning my attention back towards Felix.

"Never have I ever kissed more than one person in 24 hours."

I went to hold up the I have never side, but froze when I remembered what happened between Bill, Tom and I recently. So I slowly turned the paddle around, making some of the audience members gasp. 

I felt my cheeks go red as I looked down. Tom's hand, which was still around my waist, squeezed my hip gently when he heard the question, also remembering what had happened. "Who were they?" Felix asked, sounding very interested in the topic. 

"That's not how you play the game, though. You can't ask questions like that," Bill defended me, noticing that I had become uncomfortable. "Fair enough," Felix sat upright in his seat and continued the game.

"Never have I ever pulled an all-nighter?"

Everyone but Bill said I have. "I need to rest, I'm just such a busy guy," Bill protested. "Yeah, he needs his beauty sleep," Georg added, making everyone laugh. 

"Never have I ever stolen a belonging from someone and not given it back."

"Oh I steal clothing and stuff from them all the time," I said while holding up the I have. "Yeah, I think we're all a victim of your theft," Bill nudged my shoulder and also held up the I have, aswell as Tom and Georg. Gustav, however, did the opposite. 

Other than the one question about the kissing, the game actually turned out to be pretty fun. Felix ended off the game after a few more rounds, and I finally felt relieved knowing we were finally finished- or so I thought. 

"We have a bit of time left with the band, so I've decided to let 3 fans from the audience ask the questions that you've been dying to know about these guys," Felix said, shocking me with the fact that the interview wasn't over just yet. 

The crowd all immediately started raising their hands eagerly, wanting to get picked. "You in the red sweater. What's your question?" Felix asked, getting one of his crew members to bring a mic to the person.

"Bill, I just wanted to say that I love you so much. How long did it take you and the rest of the band to write your new album?" the young girl asked eagerly. 

"For this album, Elle and I worked really hard with writing the lyrics, and the band spent a lot of time in the studio figuring out tunes, so it only took us about half a year" Bill replied, smiling at me when he brought up my name. 

Once Bill finished answering the question, the crew member moved onto a second person that Felix selected, handing him the mic. "My question is for Eleanor," a teenage boy stood up with the microphone and made eye contact with me. 

 "Have you ever had a crush on one of the guys in your band?"