CHAPTER ONE

It was an early morning and I can hear my alarm ringing but I've been avoiding it for 10 minutes now. I clearly don't want to get up, especially not on this day. "Alice! Your alarm has been ringing for 15 minutes. Time to get up or you'll be late for your first day back at school." My mom called me from outside my room.

Okay, maybe more than 10 minutes I guess but who's counting?

"Coming mom." I groaned as I pulled the sheets away from me while I turned the alarm off and got up from bed. I yawned as I stretched my arms. This is going to be a long day....

I slowly walked downstairs, feeling sleep sinking in, I was startled when two pairs of small arms wrapped below my waist. I looked down and saw my younger brother Chris, smiling at me. "Good morning Alice!" He happily greeted me and I smiled back as I returned the hug. "And a good morning to you too little mister." I said, booping his tiny nose. He giggled and scurried away to sit down on the breakfast table.

I saw Jonathan sitting on the left side of the table, eating cereal while watching something on his phone. I shook my head at him while I grabbed a bowl from the cupboards and began to put cereal on it. He didn't seem to notice it but he'd better stop using his phone or else mom might spot him. Rule number one in this house: no electronics on the table. As mom would recall.

Breakfast was french toast, waffles, a bowl of vegetable salad and some scrambled eggs. While I poured milk on my bowl, I took a seat on the wooden chairs and smiled at Chris who was happily munching on his own bowl of cereal while his small hands grabbed another slice of french toast across the table. The backdoor was heard as my mom stepped inside, wearing her work attire which is a white chef's uniform. Her dark brown hair is tied in a high bun. Jonathan quickly put away his phone and acted like he hadn't been using it a while ago.

"You three better hurry up. I don't want to get stuck in traffic later on." She reminded us while she washed her hands in the sink. I took a piece of waffle on a plate and put some scrambled eggs on my french toast before eating my cereal. Chris sipped the milk down from his bowl and wiped his mouth. "DONE!" He called and hurriedly went upstairs to get changed. As I took five spoonfuls of cereal into my mouth, Jonathan finished his breakfast and also went upstairs, leaving all the dishes up to me. Great, just great. I rolled my eyes to no one.

As much as I didn't want to hurry, I gobbled down my cereal and finished eating my waffle and the french toast then brought all the dirty dishes at the sink to wash them. As soon as I finished cleaning the kitchen and dining room, I ran upstairs to my room to pick out the clothes I wanted to wear.

When I finally managed to pick the perfect back to school outfit, I heard the bathroom door open and saw Jonathan walk out, already wearing his clothes on. I quickly grabbed my bath towel and went inside the bathroom to get a nice shower. After taking a shower, I brushed my teeth and went back to my room to wear my clothes.

Finishing it up by brushing my hair, tying it up in a high ponytail leaving some curls on the sides, adding a dab of lip gloss to my lips and a light pink blush to my cheeks, I took a minute of my time to admire my reflection in the mirror. I look good, kinda...

I hurriedly packed my bag, putting in my school books, my phone and charger. My purse, notebooks, pens, markers and my sketchbook. Seems like I have everything. I wore my bag before I opened one of my drawers and brought out my new red headphones that dad bought for me last week.

"Alice, come on, your brothers are in the car." My mom spoke, startling me a bit before I nod my head at her in answer. We both went downstairs, locked the door before getting in the car and mom driving off the driveway.

___

The drive to school takes a little longer, depending on how heavy the traffic is. My brothers and I go to different schools. Since I've finished my elementary years in my previous school, which is Ninjago Elementary School, the school my two younger brothers are in. It's time for me to enter a new chapter in my life. Spending my four years at Ninjago High School, alone, with no one by my side. But I'm guessing I won't be alone?