• < CHAPTER EIGHT > •

During the night, Kai and I managed to catch the robbers who were trying to smuggle fake gold and diamonds to replace the real ones from the jewelry store. It was a good thing we made it there in time. Just in time for the thugs to replace the fake ones from the real ones. We kicked them out of the store and a very nice civilian called the cops for us.

When the cops arrived, they handcuffed the robbers and brought them inside the police van. "Thank you so much for your help Green Ninja, Fire Ninja." The Commissioner shook our hands as he brushed his forehead with his hand, slighlty knocking off his cap.

"It's no problem Commissioner. Just doing our job." I responded using a lower tone in my voice as Kai and I watched the police officers drag the thugs inside the van.

Kai cleared his throat, catching our attention. "Well Commissioner, we better get going. Evil doesn't sleep and neither do we." The Commissioner nodded his head in agreement and Kai and I ran off, jumping on roofs and buildings.

______________

After a few hours, we both arrived back at the warehouse feeling all tired and sweaty from catching criminals and bad guys. When we arrived, everyone was sitting at the couch happily playing video games. We both head our way to our lockers to get changed.

"Say Lloyd, when you said you "stopped by to help a friend", it wouldn't happen to be a girl, would it?" Kai asked me, giving me a very teasing look. How I wish I could punch him in the jaws because he's now getting on my nerves.

Giving him an exasperated sigh, I answered while changing into my white shirt. "If I said it's a girl, what are you gonna say about it?"

He moved quickly to me with wide eyes. "So it is a girl?!" He said quite excitedly. I rolled my eyes at him as I slipped on my green hoodie. "Well, yeah it is a girl so what about it?" I asked in return, looking at him sternly.

"Is she uh- pretty?" He asked quite teasingly. I slapped him on the shoulder and yanked him away from me. "Dude, stop." I answered, fixing my hair. "Okay, okay. Sheesh." He commented as I only rolled my eyes at him while exiting the door to get my bag from the couch.

The others are still playing video games, Prime Empire actually. Nya and Jay are playing, trying their hardest to beat Kai's high score. "Still trying to beat your brother's high score, Nya?" I asked walking over the couch. "Still getting there." She answered with a smirk.

"Has anyone seen my bag?" I asked looking around because it wasn't on the couch. "Hey Lloyd! You got some nice illustrations here!" I heard Cole call from behind me, with a black book in his grasp.

As he stepped into the light, my heart beat fast as I quickly snatched the book from him, catching him off guard. "Hey! I was looking at that." Cole pouted as I clutched the book in my hands. "Don't look into this." I said and soon after, the rest of my friends paused the game to see what was going on.

"What exactly are you trying to hide there Lloyd?" Nya spoke from behind my back as she took the book from my hands. I turned to face her, trying to get the book back but she dodged it away from my reach and tossed the book to her brother Kai, who happens to have done changing into his regular clothes.

Kai caught the book and I ran after him. "Kai, can I have it back?" I asked. "What are you so afraid about Lloyd? It's just a harmless book." Nya butted in.

"Eh he's probably a little shy to show us how awesome he draws his team." Cole put in and soon after he finished his sentence, Nya, Jay and Zane rushed to stand beside Kai as he opened the book and saw the illustrations I didn't even drew.