• < CHAPTER THREE > • ( editing )

The bus ride was a little awkward but quiet. Feeling tired from looking out the window, I turned my head to face the students again, still giving me their angry glares. I sighed and took my phone out instead. Kai had his earplugs on, still listening to music.

Turning my phone on, I saw a few messages from my friends. Opening my message app, I saw that Nya sent me another message.

Nya: Bro! So are you going or what?

Chuckling lightly at her message, I didn't respond and let her wait. But from what I feel, I can sense that she's getting a little impatient. Well, as much as I don't want to attend my first day at school, I at least wanted to surprise them that I'm coming.

As I ignored Nya's message, I saw that Cole sent me two new messages.

Cole: Hey man. Heard from Kai that it's gonna be your first day at Ninjago Highschool. Can't wait for you to be there! Finally, you get to spend highschool years with us!

Cole: Also, if Kai is with you, be sure to tell him to give back my headphones. He literally took them yesterday as a joke. I can't spend another period of class listening to the teacher, I NEED MY HEADPHONES!!!!

As I read Cole's message begging me to tell Kai to give his headphones back, I gave Kai a scowl. He seemed to notice, so he took his earplugs off. "What? What's wrong?" He asked me with a look of confusion on his face.

I shoved the phone at his face and let him read Cole's message. He chuckled nervously as he finished reading it. "I didn't know he needed them that much." He said as I raised an eyebrow at him. Kai cleared his throat. "Look, I don't have them with me today, so uh... just tell him I'll... give it back tomorrow." He instructed me and I only shook my head in disbelief. "Dude, you tell him yourself. You're the one who took them, remember?" I snapped and he only scoffed at my words. "Oh come on!" I smirked and turned away to lean against the bus window.

______________

The bus finally arrived at Ninjago Highschool and soon all of the students scampered away to get out. Kai and I walked out last and we were almost shut off by the bus doors as the driver frowned at us. It was a good thing we made it out in the nick of time.

As soon as we stepped out, all the students stopped chattering, looked our way and gave us angry glares.

I shivered as everyone locked eyes on me. As Kai and I began to walk on the path to get inside, I heard whispers from among the other students saying things like, "Lloyd Garmadon is starting highschool here?" or "Why does he have to be in the same school as I'm in?" or "I can't believe they just let anyone get in here, especially the evil lord's son." I tried to put on a fake smile but my heart sank as I heard everyone's words. The feeling of regret immediately came to mind and thought that it was a stupid idea to agree with my mom in putting me to Ninjago Highschool. Maybe it was a bad idea coming here. I thought to myself sadly.

Kai saw me feeling a bit down, tried to come up with something to make me feel better but seriously, nothing was working and together the two of us quietly walked inside the school hallways.

"Have you got your locker key with you?" Kai began to ask breaking the silence between us. "Uh yeah, I have it here in my pocket." I answered, patting my left pocket where my locker key is kept.

We arrived at our lockers and sure enough Jay, Cole and Zane are there. I was surprised as I saw my own locker in a row with the others.

"LLOYD!" The three of them said in unison and brought me in for a hug. "I'm so glad you're here!" Cole beamed wrapping me in a bear hug.