• < CHAPTER SIX > •

It took us nearly two hours of waiting in the safe house for the ninjas to handle lord Garmadon. Our teacher told everyone to stick together so we don't get lost in the crowd and I was super worried for my brothers. Jonathan hasn't even called or texted me and that made me worry even more. Maybe something bad happened to them. Or worse, maybe they've been kidnapped by Garmadon! All this negative thinking startled me as I heard our teacher spoke to us using a megaphone.

She announced that our school bus will arrive in a few minutes to take us back to school. Sighs and groans were heard from other students behind me as they didn't like the news. I didn't react to what the teacher said, I only shook my head as I thought of my brothers once more. I even called or texted both my parents and they haven't responded to my calls or messages. I sighed and felt my fingers shook nervously as I typed a new message for my mom when I felt a warm hand touch my shoulder causing me to lift my head up. I turned my head around only to find a pair of grey eyes looking at me.

I put my phone down and smiled as Marjorie looked at me with a smile. "Girl, you've been on your phone for literally two hours. I hope your family doesn't get tired of you sending them lots of texts and calls." She said making me chuckle. I was about to say something when we heard a friendly honk from a yellow and black school bus.

We both turned our heads to the sound and saw our teacher announce that the bus is finally here. Everyone started to form a line of two people before we all head inside the bus. Marjorie and I walked towards the line of people to get both of us in line.

______________

Sitting inside the bus with Marjorie beside me as we were on our way back to school, I looked out the bus window to see a view of what happened outside the city.

Cars have been toppled over, roads and highways have holes because of the rockets that landed and exploded, buildings and structures were destroyed, multiple citizens injured and wounded and lastly, sirens from ambulances could be heard from different parts of the city as they tried to make their way to homes and buildings to attend to people who have been hurt by the attack.

As for me, I leaned into the window as I kept looking back at my phone waiting for a call from Jonathan or my parents. What is keeping them from answering my messages and calls? I thought to myself a little irritated and annoyed. I sighed as no new calls and messages didn't pop up on my notifications.

Marjorie must've heard me sigh so she put her hand on my shoulder making me shift my eyes at her. "Hey girl, no need to worry. Your brothers and your parents will be fine." She said, giving me a look of certainty as she tried to lighten my mood. I tried to show a little smile but I can't stop worrying. "How are you so certain and calm about this? I mean, aren't you a little worried that your dad hasn't called you? You should at least text him you're okay or ask him if he's alright." I answered, turning away from her as I looked back at the window before looking down on my shoes.

Marjorie sighed and patted my back. "Well I am worried about my dad too but I don't worry too much. Worrying will only give me stress and stress is not good for you. I'm just trying to stay positive to get myself away from the negatives thoughts about what might happen. Course, something bad has happened to him but I think not. The more you thought of bad things, the more of it could happen." She answered while getting her phone out as she received a notification from her father which made her happy. I looked at my friend as she replied to her dad to let him know she's okay.