• < CHAPTER SEVEN > •

Arriving home, I walked up to the front porch and knocked on the door. Mom answered it. She was wearing an apron over her waist and carried a bowl filled with marinated chicken. "Alice, good to see your home sweet heart." My mom beamed as I stepped inside. "Your father is coming home early and I could use a little help in the kitchen." Closing the door with one foot, I nodded my head before heading upstairs to my room to get changed, almost ran headfirst to my younger sibling, Chris who was very excited to see me.

Alone in my room, I took my boots off and put them inside the closet then went to open my drawers to grab a pair of black pyjamas pants and a red shirt. Changing into them, I faceplanted on my bed, feeling really exhausted from being chased out by that brat Lexy when a picture of the Green Ninja came inside my head.

I still couldn't believe that he actually saved me from Lexy. The same thing Marjorie did for me earlier. Speaking of which, I grabbed my phone from my bag and turned it on. Once the black screen opened, I saw a new notification from Ninjagram. Tapping it, I saw a message from Marjorie's account.

Marjorie: Hiya girl! It's Marjorie here. I just want to say that I had a blast on my first day at Ninjago High. Looking forward to meeting you again tomorrow.

Hope nothing bad happened when I left....

A smile formed on my lips while I read her message. Tapping the reply button, before being able to type in my message, a knock on my door was heard. I turned around and saw my mom opened it, peeking her head in. "Alice, I said I ne-"

"Yes, I was on my way down. I told you I'll be there in a sec." I said quickly and she sighed exasperatedly before closing the door again. Looking back, I typed my message,

Alice: Glad to hear that Marjorie!

You have no idea what happened to me before I went home.

I pressed send and before I could even turn the knob, my phone notified me that a new message was sent. Turning it on again, I saw another message from Marjorie and that she was still typing a new one.

Marjorie: Really?! Tell me what happened. Did that brat did something to you?!

Alice: Wait slow down. I'll tell you all about it later as soon as I've finished dinner with my family. My dad is coming home early and my mom needs my help in the kitchen. I'll get back to you I promise.

I waited for her reply and soon enough, she did reply in an instant.

Marjorie: Ohh alrighty then. I'm in my room, with my hair stylist addressing my hair. I'll talk with you soon. Have fun at dinner! :)

Once she's sent her reply, I walked downstairs to help my mom prepare dinner.

______________

Dinner was great, well not too great for me. Chris and Jonathan were a little noisy during dinner and mom was telling me to shush them. Dad on the other hand, talked about one of his latest reports this afternoon and told us that he asked one of his fellow reporters (the one who was with the cameraman and pilot.) of how the Green Ninja saved their lives before their helicopter crashed to the ground. During dinner, I smiled when he mentioned about the Green Ninja. I thought about adding the same thing to the conversation but I felt really anxious to tell them for some reason.