Thirty-Three

SCHEDULES ARE CREATED for a reason

SCHEDULES ARE CREATED for a reason. They keep you organized, they keep you on track, and they keep you from spiraling out of control. Despite all the teasing I get, there's no denying my schedules work when carried through. I just wish more people would understand that and as a result, not constantly pull me from my schedule.

I want to strangle Darren when he breaks into my room and pinches my nipples to wake me right when I've fallen asleep. I reach for his neck and I'm close to carrying my threat out until he explains himself in a quick moment of defense.

"I'm sorry, man. Me, Aleena, and Summer are going to the lake and your girl insists on inviting you for some reason." He turns his head to the door, where Summer and Aleena are perched by the entrance. "I told you he'd try to kill me if I woke him early."

I'm still in a hazy half-asleep state, but when Summer strides towards me in her sweat shorts and tank top, I'm instantly awake.

She crouches down to the side of my bed and smoothes the hair out of my face. "Will you come to the lake with us?"

"Yes," I say instantly.

She could ask me to come rob a bank and I'd say yes. Especially with this sweet voice, especially looking this good.

I get ready in five minutes. With my head in the nook of Summer's shoulder and arms around her waist, we make our way to Darren's Tesla in the dead of night.

"You have time for this?" I ask.

We've maintained a nice steadiness when it comes to spending time together, but sometimes I worry she's putting stuff off, dropping them completely to meet up with me. For us to work, we can't lose sight of the individual goals we had before our relationship started.

"Memories that will last a lifetime?" She says. "Of course. Plus a wise man once told me, when I find that right person, I should make the time."

I smile at her, grabbing her jaw to plant a light kiss on her lips. Once my mouth connects with hers I can't help it, the spark is lit and the only thing my body wants to do is dig deeper, stay connected longer.

We spend most of the ride to the lake making out in the back seat. Darren and Aleena make some gagging sounds, but they mostly let us be.

When Darren parks at our destination, a new happiness takes over. This shabby abandoned lake has really grown on me. It holds so much importance to our relationship.

Before I can reach for the door to get out, Summer holds me back in and snakes her hands over my eyes.

"Close his eyes, Summer," Aleena says.

"I closed them." Summer responds.

"Why are we closing my eyes?" I ask, being forced against my will to maneuver out of the car awkwardly with Summer refusing to stop restricting my sight with her soft hands. My head is dragged back twice and the second time, I nearly fall completely to the ground but she still persists.