16. The devil fruits

"Luffy": talk

"Sabo": whisper

"ACE": shout

"Gomu Gomu no": the skill's name

'idiot': thinking

<Joyboy>: voice of all things

-Into the story-

"Ace, here is the file about your father. I had figured that you would want to know more about him from now on, so take it."

Dragon then took out the file containing all the information about the former Pirate King, Gol D. Roger, and gave it to Ace. Marco had told them that Luffy's Haki somehow didn't alarm any Navy base nearby, so they all decided to leave the island and went back to their ships. But Rayleigh had decided to stay there with the kids and Corazon instead of going back to Sabaody. On one part, he wanted to train them, while on the other part, he just wanted to spend time with his children. Marco had already left the island and gone back to Moby Dick earlier. He couldn't stop worrying about his family when the traitor was still on the ship. Suddenly, Luffy ran up and hugged Dragon's leg, so Dragon took him in his arms and said

"Luffy, what's wrong?"

"I-I don't want you to leave, we have only just met each other. At least stay with me for a few days, dad", Luffy said while looking up with tearing eyes.

"Luffy, I know you are scared of being alone, but you don't just have me and your gramps. Look, you still have them and you aren't alone like you used to be anymore." Dragon comforted his son, which caused others to be surprised. They didn't know a cold man like him could be so gentle.

Luffy looked at where Dragon had pointed his finger at, then he saw the sight of his friends and brothers were worried about him. That was right, he still had them, he wasn't alone anymore. Luffy looked up at Dragon, and gave him his usual smile and a nod. Luffy then climbed down and stood near Law. Dragon, Shanks, Uta, Zoro and Ben then said goodbye and took off to their ship.

.
.
.
.
.
.

After that day, all the kids were trained by Rayleigh. Not just their Haki had been improved, but also their physical strength, devil fruit's power and stamina. Most of the time, Rayleigh had told them to do some exercises like push up, runing, and many more. Besides that, the kids also sparred with each other in order to improve their combat skills. Rayleigh also taught them how to use swords. In Ace and Sabo's case, it was pipes, but they could use them like a sword if they combined it with Armarment.

"Ne, I'm so tired. Let's find something to eat", Luffy said, which received a few agreement from the others.

They had just finished their physical training, and their stomachs were all empty. Suddenly, Luffy remembered about the two chests which Shanks had given him before he left. He quickly ran to his room and took out the chests, then went back outside. All the kids were confused at the youngest's action until they saw the two chests in his hands. Luffy then placed them in front of Ace and Sabo.

"Shanks gave me these two chests before he left." Luffy said.

"What's inside them, Luffy-san?" Asked Penguin

"Those would be two devil fruits inside each of the chests. My fruit also comes along with a small chest like that", Law said.

"Devil fruit? You mean the fruit that gives you some kind of inhuman power like you, Luffy, Cora-san and Marco-san?" Asked Sabo

"Sabo, you're so smart", Luffy said with a cheerful voice.

"W-well, I read it in one of the books I found in the Grey Terminal", Sabo said while blushing at Luffy's previous compliment,