38. The last straw

"Luffy": talk

"Sabo": whisper

"ACE": shout

"Gomu Gomu no": the skill's name

'idiot': thinking

<Joyboy>: voice of all things

-Into the story-

A few days had passed since their arrival at Conami island. Besides preparing for the upcoming fight, the crew had also spent their time with each other. Especially when Nami came back from her trip to Arlong Park. Usually, Luffy and Usopp would check out the new weapons or ammo which were made by Usopp, or sometimes they would just fool around. As for Zoro, if he wasn't sleeping then, probably training. Leaving only Sanji to help Nojiko harvest the tangerines and in charge of cooking for their everyday meal.

Today wasn't an exception. Just as Nami was leaving her room, the navigator quickly felt the tasty smell coming from the kitchen. Nami then decided to head toward where the blond cook was. As soon as Sanji caught the sight of the beautiful navigator, the cook quickly gave her a bright smile as he greeted her.

"Good morning Nami-san!"

"Good morning to you, too, Sanji-kun". Nami greeted him back, then sat down on her seat.

Even though Nami had already betrayed those fishmen, she still had to show up at their base in order to not let them be suspicious about her. Nami knew sooner or later they would end up fighting those fishes, but now wasn't the right time, so she had to wait. Whenever she wasn't with Arlong, Nami would take her time to train, as she wanted to quickly get used to her clima-tact. Suddenly, Nami was brought out of her own thoughts by Sanji, who placed a cup of tea on her table.

"Here is your morning tea, Nami-san."

"Thank you!" Nami said.

"Nami-san, did you know that Luffy and Zoro slept with each other last night?" Sanji said happily while turning back to make breakfast.

"WAIT, THEY DID WHAT?!" Nami was shocked at the information she had just received.

"Yeah! Last night I got up to drink some water. That was then I caught Luffy and Zoro sleeping while cuddling each other. Ah, if only I had had a camera last night," Sanji said with a little regret in his voice.

As Sanji finished, Nami saw Usopp and Nojiko walking in, but still hadn't fully woken up yet. Instead of saying their greetings to Nami and Sanji, both of them gave out some kind of murmuring, which caused Sanji and Nami to chuckle at them. After a while, breakfast was ready, so Sanji and Nami decided to set it on the table, serving the two sleepyheads. As they were eating, Luffy suddenly burst into the kitchen as soon as he woke up because of the smell of that delicious food. But then Sanji had to kick him out, since the idiot captain still didn't wash his face.

After Luffy came back, Sanji then gave the captain his mountain-like meal, hoping this would stop Luffy from stealing from the others. Sadly, Sanji soon learned how wrong he was. The little thief still continued to perform his mischievous actions. The breakfast then once again broke into chaos like every other meal.

"So, where are we going next after this?" Usopp said, then put the food into his mouth.

"We'll head toward Grandline, obviously" Luffy said with his mouth full.

Nami was reading today's newspaper while drinking her tea. But then suddenly, Nami spilt out all of her tea on Nojiko's face as she read the shocking news. Sanji then quickly gave Nojiko some tissues to clean her face, and Nojiko gladly took them.