55. Drum island

"Luffy": talk

"Sabo": whisper

"ACE": shout

"Gomu Gomu no": the skill's name

'idiot': thinking

<Joyboy>: voice of all things

-Into the story-

The crew soon arrived at their destination. However, looking at the number of guns pointed at the crew, they figured that the islanders didn't seem to be fond of pirates much, something was to be expected, actually. Suddenly, the crew saw someone who seemed to be their leader step out to face them.

"Pirates!... You will depart from this island at once" he said.

"We came here only to search for a doctor! One of us suddenly fell very sick", Nami tried to reason.

"WE WON'T FALL FOR THAT ONE, FILTHY PIRATES!" One of the islanders shouted angrily.

The crew all sent deadly looks at the islanders, making those people flinch. They could easily end those people's lives if they wanted to. But this was for their captain, so they couldn't lose their composure because of those nonsense words. Sanji then put out his cigarette, and looked up.

"They really hate us, don't they? Even though, we've just arrived here", Sanji said.

"WHO SAID YOU COULD TALK!" the other islander shouted.

Suddenly, one of the guns was fired, but luckily, the bullet only shot on the spot near Sanji's leg. This action had made the crew all become cautious. Sanji even wanted to end that man's life as fast as he could, but he was stopped by Vivi. Soon another shot came, making everything seem to freeze in time. Sanji suddenly felt his cheek wet as soon as he realized the one who was being shot at.

"USOPP!" Sanji shouted.

Falling to the ground, Usopp stayed in one spot for a few minutes. Perhaps the islanders targeted him because they thought he was the weakest. Grinning his teeth, Zoro was surely ready to chop those guy's heads off, but he decided to retain himself.

Noticed Nami and Sanji was also ready to fight, Zoro quickly stopped them making the two of them groaned annoyingly, but they soon calmed down. Since the two of them obviously knew that the more time they wasted with those people, the more danger Luffy was put in.

'Now what would Luffy and that old man do in this situation?' Zoro asked himself.

The Vice-captain slowly walked toward the islanders, making the people quickly aim their guns at him. However, his next move made them all speechless, even the crew. The infamous pirate hunter, Roronoa Zoro, was kneeling in front of the leader, head touching the wooden floor, with his swords all put on the ground to show that he meant no harm to them.

"Please! Our captain is seriously sick, we need help immediately". Zoro said sincerely

This was so unlike their vice-captain for him to put down his pride like that. The Zoro they knew would prefer death than bowing to the other. However, they quickly realized how much pressure Zoro was taking. Ever since Luffy was out of commission, it quickly became his job to watch over them. Not only that, but he had also been looking after them ever since they joined the crew and even when Luffy wasn't there.

If he was the same Zoro from before, then the hunter would quickly choose to fight. However, right now he had to act in his captain's place, so he needed to make sure to make the right choice and ensure the crew's safety, rather than doing things in his own style.