49. Bad dream

"Luffy": talk

"Sabo": whisper

"ACE": shout

"Gomu Gomu no": the skill's name

'idiot': thinking

<Joyboy>: voice of all things

-Into the story-

The sound of seagulls was heard, as they were flying through the sails of the Thousand Sunny. Plus, the small sound of violin was also heard from above the crow's nest, combined with the sound of the waves as the ship was sailing on the sea, which had created quite a peaceful day for the Strawhats Pirates.

Luffy was seen sitting on the rail, enjoying the wind blowing through his hair alongside with Usopp and Chopper, while the trio was busy fishing. Zoro was seen sleeping not so far away from them, as usual, while Jinbei was busy controlling the ship. Nami and Robin were sunbathing in the small garden area on the ship, and Franky was busy inside his cabin. Soon, Sanji came out of the kitchen and shouted.

"LUNCH IS READY!"

"WE'RE COMING!" Nami replied.

Once the word 'lunch' left the cook's mouth, Luffy quickly shot up and turned his head toward Sanji's direction. However, the peaceful view from before was no longer there, instead he was met with a dark and empty room, and a silver mirror right in front of him. Instantly, Luffy put his guard up while observing the object up front carefully. After having checked that it was safe, Luffy slowly walked toward the mirror. Inside was his reflection, nothing seemed unusual.

"It was you! Don't you remember?"

Luffy suddenly heard a voice quite similar to him whispered right behind his ears. He quickly checked his surroundings one more time. However, the result was still the same, so he turned back to the mirror.

"Do you still believe that you're a good captain?"

"WHO'S THERE!" Luffy shouted.

The captain then turned behind him. However, he was soon stunned at the horrible sight of his nakamas and his brothers' bodies were lying in their blood pool, even Mihawk, Law and Marco were also there. Luffy suddenly became panicked as his body was shivering while he was holding his head with both hands. It was just like he went back to that time. Had what he had gone through just now been simply a dream? Luffy then noticed the red trails were flowing down from his hands, so he decided to take a look. It was blood! His hands were covered with blood, and so did his body.

"I'm sure you have already figured out whose blood that is."

"Don't tell me...." Luffy said quietly, as a horror look was shown on his face.

"That's right! It was their blood! You're the one that killed them."

"N-No!.... It...... It wasn't me.....IT WASN'T ME!" Luffy said shackingly.

Suddenly, several pairs of hands came out of the mirror and grabbed around his body, then pulled him back. The captain had tried his best to struggle or at least find a way to get out. However, it was no use. Luffy couldn't find any strength to fight back.

"It's not fair when you're the one that is still alive!"

Then came another pair of hands from behind that slowly covered his eyes, making everything become dark once again. Suddenly, the bad memories which he buried were replayed again right in front of his eyes. One by one, the captain had to watch the fall of his own crew like it was some kind of movie, despite how many times he begged for them to stop.