28. New Bounties

"Luffy": talk

"Sabo": whisper

"ACE": shout

"Gomu Gomu no": the skill's name

'idiot': thinking

<Joyboy>: voice of all things

-Into the story-

The crew was doing their own thing as the Going Merry was flowing on the peaceful sea. Luffy was feeling the chill wind go through his hair, and listening to the sound of the sea while sitting at the figurehead of Merry. Usopp was cleaning and checking his weapons and ammos, while Zoro was keeping an eye out for danger in the crow's nest. As for Nami, the navigator was standing at the back of the ship, thinking about recent events.

Suddenly, a seagull with a hat and a small bag, carrying the newspaper, landed near Nami. She quickly took notice of the bird, so Nami took out some berries and put them in the small pocket of the bag, then took a newspaper from the bird. But then the bird pulled out a sign saying 'cost increased, now it is 100 berries' while giving her a hopeless look.

"Seriously? If it keeps going like this, I'm not going to buy it from you" Nami pouted, but still put more berries inside the bag's pocket.

The navigator then walked to the other while reading the newspaper in her hand. Suddenly, two posters that flew down from the newspaper had caught her eyes.

"What's this?"

When she picked them up, Nami immediately froze in her place, as she quickly realized what these two fliers were.

-Somewhere in the Grandline-

"CAPTAIN!"

On an uninhibitant island on the second half of Grandline, a man could be seen running through the forest toward a group of Pirates in a hurry. When he arrived, the man suddenly fell to the ground as he had lost his last stamina and breath. Then a big wooden cup was placed beside him, which he quickly took and gulped down till the last drop.

"Oi, slow down! You're going to choke if you drink that fast" a cheerful voice spoke up.

As the man had finished, he put down the cup and looked up. In front of him was the famous crew of the man that was known as one of the strongest Pirates in this world, the Red Hair Pirates. The man then remembered why he had come running all the way from the shore. He slowly took out the newspaper and gave it to the captain.

"C-captain! Here is today's newspaper."

Shanks slowly took the newspaper and gave it to Ben, since he wasn't fond of reading. The man then took two scrolls out again and also gave them to the red-haired man.

"Actually, I came running here because of this."

Shanks once again took the two scrolls from him and rolled them out. Shanks was shocked at first, which got the crew to tense up thinking something serious might happen, but then he broke into a fit of laughter.

"Gyahahahaha.....Oi, Ben takes a look at these" Shanks said cheerfully

Ben looked at the wanted posters with the same reaction as Shanks, then he passed them to others to see