17. Garp's visit

"Luffy": talk

"Sabo": whisper

"ACE": shout

"Gomu Gomu no": the skill's name

'idiot': thinking

<Joyboy>: voice of all things

-Into the story-

Recently, Garp had received a call from Corazon about his grandkids' condition and what had happened. The old man was worried about Luffy. He had known that Luffy wasn't usual since the last time he visited them. He always felt like that kid was hiding something from him, and after his talk with Corazon, Garp had decided to visit them again.

When Garp had arrived at Dawn island, he immediately went up to mount Convor. Garp was shocked to see another house was there and it was guarded by two giant animals. When he stood in front of the house, the tiger had sniffed him and checked if he was a threat to the people inside. Garp knew, so he stood still and waited for the tiger to finish. After all the checking, Garp then went inside the house and saw a disturbing scene in front of him.

"Law, I'm truly sorry. Please put me back. I won't do it again, Law..."

Ace was cut into small pieces while his head was being held by Law, and the reason was that Ace had burnt one of Law's medical documents which the older intent to send to a certain reindeer. But Ace seemed to be still alive even though his body wasn't in one piece. That scene almost caused the old man a heartache. He could never imagine that one day one of his grandkids would be cut alive like that. Then Garp heard someone's voice from the kitchen.

"Law, please put Ace back. He had already said that he didn't mean it, and you could always write that page again anytime you want."

Law was still mad at the fire kid, but he knew it wasn't a nice idea to make Rayleigh angry, so he did as he was told. After Ace was put back, the kid had promised that he wouldn't piss off the teen again. Suddenly, Garp heard someone behind him.

"Ah, Garp-san! It's nice to see you again"

Corazon had just gone back from shopping in the town. You might ask where his money was to buy things while he was jobless? Well, let's just say his kids were very famous for pickpocketing from the people in High Town. When Ace and Law heard Garp's name, they quickly ran into the forest where the other kids were training. That got Corazon and Garp to laugh at how scared they were of the Hero Marine. Corazon then invited Garp inside and he went to the kitchen.

"Garp, long time no see. How have you been?" Rayleigh said while coming out of the kitchen and holding a tea pot with a few cups.

"Rayleigh?! Why are you here for?" Garp was shocked.

Garp remembered that Corazon only told him about Ace being kidnapped by some bandits, which got Luffy to be mad and he rushed toward their hideout, but in the end they had succeeded in rescuing Ace while Luffy and Law had some minor injuries. Then why was Rayleigh here for? The other man didn't even know his son was here. Garp didn't tell anything to him in case Rayleigh was being spied on.

"I'm sorry for not telling you the truth, Garp-san. I was scared that we would be spied on, so I decided to wait for you to come here" said Corazon, while holding a bowl of rice crackers.

"What do you mean 'the truth'?" Garp asked coldly while casually eating the rice cracker in his hand.

"OK, so here is what happened...."

Corazon and Rayleigh then took turns to explain to the Vice Admiral about what had happened. The two had discussed with Luffy about telling Garp the whole thing when they had time, and the kid had also agreed with their suggestion. If they told Garp, then they would have another ally inside the Marine's base. The old man could also work as their spy.