◕ 3 ◕

BEFORE YOU START READING PRESS THE STAR ICON.

This update is for those, who miss Avneil banters!..

_______________________

As if the tumultuous rain was not enough, the sky began to thunder loudly, the vibrations reaching deep into their bones. The droplets of rain pelted against the windowpane of their room, the sound like a million tiny drums. Her body stiffened and began shivering slowly due to the cold. And then she sneezed with her nose turning red "Getting drenched in rain was an extremely bad idea" she thought...
Neil who was drying her wet hair with a towel let out a light chuckle as he found her cute while rubbing her nose. Suddenly he could feel the tension in her body, sighing he soon got over the task of drying, throwing the towel on the couch, he hopped into bed wrapping his arms around her pulling her close in the duvet. The warmth of his body enveloped her, and she felt a sense of safety in his warmth.

"Aur bheego baarish mei" He scolded as he felt the sense of concern took over him.

He had been scolding her since they came back, she rolled her eyes and was about to move her face away from him but was caught by his arms tightly, his fingers stroking her hair.

"Ab Naraaz mat ho...I wanted to take care of you Avni" He whispered in her ears as he tightened his hold.

Avni buried her face in his chest and closed her eyes. The sound of the rain and thunder seemed to fade away as she lost herself in his embrace. She could feel and listen to his heartbeat against her cheek, steady and strong. And slowly she drifted into a slumber.

While stroking her hair, He tried to look at her face and found her already asleep. He smiled, planted a soft kiss on her lips and forehead and whispered "I love you both!" as he felt his heart filled with love and sense of peace wash over him and he dozed off. Now he had developed a habit of adoring her every night before sleeping with a whisper of I love you.
_______________________

A few days had passed away since their rainy date, and the family had organized a Holi party to spend time together. The morning sun had just risen, casting a warm golden glow over the white cream coloured walls of Khanna mansion. The air was crisp and fresh and the sky was in a light shade of blue with fluffy white clouds drifting lazily across it. The mansion looked lively with an array of stunning decorations that lit it up. She was excited as she wanted to be the first person to colour Neil. Avni was adorned in a silver white saree with net designs on it. She was up and had found he was out due to his recent case on which he had been working with Mitali and would return after some hours. She huffed and was annoyed. "Why was he at work even today?" He had promised her that he would be here with her today..and then the thought of Mitali was making her bristle with rage..
She left her room and went downstairs and wandered outside, the loud music made her smile. She wished the family who were already flecked with colours and they wished her back, She found Ali there with them...she was only getting more annoyed by his absence.

"You're gonna pay for it, Neil" she thought and her eyes fell on the water balloons packet on the nearby table, a smuggy smile formed on her face and Ali knew her friend was upto something not so decent plan in her mind.
_______________________

Neil entered the mansion with DD while folding the sleeves of his white white shirt, The air was hued in different colours, it's his second Holi with Avni and now he wants to fill their life with colours as earlier their life used to be dark with sadness, As he reached the spot he wished his family and saw Shweta making Avni taste different dishes, He was greeted by a sight that took his breath away, She looked enthralling. He was gazing at her while she looked away. He knew she would be angry. As everyone applied colours to each other and started playing merrily with colours, She was stealing glances of him from the corner of her eyes, Neil noticed this and smirked slightly, as he was about to go closer to her she went away from there and he followed her behind calling out her name.