~Chapter 2

Firdaus had a session that morning by eleven with Exclusive Wears. And it's already 9, and it's an hour and a half drive to their head office. She might have an 'I don't care' attitude towards everything, but not her job. That's the one thing she really cherishes aside from her car. She had to get moving now if she didn't want to be late.
She already had her bath, and now she has to dress up, which, by the way, she hates choosing what to wear. Everything in her outfit closet was black, absolutely everything! But her shoes, veils, bags and scarf sections had more nude and dark colours.
She was in a hurry, so she just took a pair of baggy cargo pants and a baggy t-shirt coupled with a Jersey veil and Nike Air Jordans. She looked at herself in the mirror and was satisfied with her her look. Just one thing was missing. Lip gloss, she quickly applied it and threw it into her purse, and left the room.

She ascended the stairs and noticed her mom and dad at the dining area. "Morning mom..." She said, ignoring the other person sitted there.
Her mom gave her a deadly glare, and she knew what she meant.

"Fine." She murmured under her breath.

"Morning, Mr. Ibrahim." She said, not caring one bit how cold she sounded.
Her mom gave her another deadly glare.

"I can only do so much, mom. Besides, I'm running late, got to go."

"Won't you have breakfast." Her mom said with concern.

"Nahh, I'll pass. I'll get something on the way." Firdaus said dismissively.

"Take care of yourself, jannah. And don't get into any trouble." Her mom said, knowing her daughter like the back of her hand.

Firdaus just laughed, then shrugged. "I'll try. Bye." And with that, she left.

"What's wrong with you ibrahim!?" Hauwa said in a half concerned half annoyed tone.

"What do you mean?" He feigned ignorance but was completely aware of what she was referring to.

"She's your daughter. Why do you keep pushing her away? You treat her so badly that she had to grow to hate you, I used to see that glint of hope in her eyes, but it's not there anymore. She used to be the most jovial and innocent girl I've ever known, but now? You've turned that girl into a cold monster. If anything happens to my daughter, I will never ever, and I mean ever, forgive you, Ibrahim." She said, unleashing the annoyance she had but couldn't show in the presence of her daughter. She didn't even wait for a reply when she stood up and made way to her room.

****

She was done with her photo shoot but didn't feel like going home. Seeing him has made her not want to be anywhere near that house today.
She loathes that man the world addresses as her father.

Don't think about him, jannah. He's not worth it. Her subconscious encouraged.

"Yeah, he isn't worth it. But I'm definitely not going back home now." She said to herself.

"Aha!" She knew the perfect place to go.

She made her way to the one place she had peace aside from her room.

She got a parking space in the lot. She put her shades on and made her way into the place.
She ignored everyone as she made her way to a bench. To her, she was the only one there cuz she didn't care about anything or anyone there.
She was at Paradise Valley Park. It was a beautiful garden located in Asokoro. It wasn't far away from their house, or rather, his house. She loved the place. It had a lot of beautiful flowers; lilies, sunflowers, roses, tulips, orchids, irises, hibiscuses, daffodils, carnations, water liles, dandelions and much more. She doesn't know how they got some of those flowers to grow in Nigeria, but however, they did it she loves them. That's what matters.

She zoned out, thinking about how her life changed since she started photography.
She really loved nature right from childhood, always looking at the sky, trees, flowers, landscapes, everything. That's how she finds peace.
She stared at nothing in particular for about ten minutes when she felt a presence beside her but ignored whoever it was.

"Hello." A deep yet smooth masculine voice made its way to her ears.

Silence.

"Ummm hi..." The voice came again.

She rolled her eyes at the persistence. Isn't it obvious that she doesn't want to talk?

"Can you just leave me alone?" She said, finally turning to face the person.

"If I wanted to, I wouldn't be here, talking to you." He said in a really calm manner, not annoyed at all.

"What do you want?" She said, not wanting to leave cuz she really liked it there.

"To be your friend." That made her laugh, cuz of how absurd it sounded.

"I'll pass. Goodbye." She said, waiting for him to leave.

"Aren't you leaving? Cuz I'm not." He was baffled by her straightforwardness but left nonetheless.

Finally. Peace!

She left the place a little past 5. She had already prayed at the park. They had a little masjid there.
She got home by 5:30 and was relieved she didn't find her dad's car there.

At least I won't deal with his drama.

****
"Momma, I'm back." She mini yelled. And gave her mom a hug.

"Jannah, what took you so long? I was starting to worry." Her mom said with her brows furrowed.

"Mama na, you worry too much. You're getting old. You're not supposed to." She said, trying to suppress her laughter cuz she knows how her mom dislikes it when she's called old.

"Laa. It's me you're calling old!?" Her mom smacked her arm.

"Spare me, mama, kiyi hakuri." She said laughing.(I'm sorry)
Only her mom gets to see this side of hers.

"Now, where were you? I know the session didn't last that long." Her mom inquired with a quirked brow.

"Mom, you know I'm not a kid anymore, koh?" She said, feigning seriousness.(right.)

"Yes, exactly, you're supposed to be producing your own kids by now. But a woman can hope." Hauwa said, holding her chest and then wiping invisible tears.

"Moooomm... c'mon." Firdaus drawled with a pout.

"Touché. Next time you won't mess with me." Her mom said laughing.

"Laa, mom, I'm hurt."

"Be going. Big baby kawai."

"Now you're sending me away, so not fair mom. Did you get an extra child that's stealing my share of love?"

"You're not serious, wallahi jannah." Both of them laughing at each others silliness.

"Toh, I'm going. Bye."

What would I do without you, mom?
She thought, with a smile gracing her features.

**********

Ola amigos, how're you all doing??

Okay, how was that chapter?
Let me know what you think in the comments.

I wonder who our guy from the park is. Do we get to see more of him?
Who knows...
Can't wait, I like him already.

Adios...
Stay safe.
Muah!

Love
~m