~Chapter 7

Jannah is leaving for Switzerland today, which is Friday. She had a night flight by 8pm. so she had all day to prepare and do whatever she wanted to. She decided to have a day out with her mom. She missed her so much. It's been a while since she had one on one time with her mom. So they decided to meet up at Nosta Cafe by 5 pm, and after that, her mom would drop her at the airport.

"Maaaa." Jannah said, running to her mom to hug her.

"I see someone missed me." Her mom laughed, hugging her back, which made jannah lift her head up."Of course not." She countered.

"Yeah, right, that's why you're trying to squeeze me to death." Mom said, rolling her eyes sarcastically.

"Noooo, I'm not. I was just trying to see how long my hands are by wrapping them around you. No big deal." Jannah said innocently and finally let go of her mom. Which made both she and her mom laugh.

"Silly girl." Mom said playfully, hitting her head. "Yeah, yeah, let's go." Jannah said, dragging her mom into the cafe.

They got a table with a really good view of the sky and the landscape outside, and jannah just couldn't resist. She had to take a picture.
Their orders arrived in no time, and they ate in comfortable silence.

"So, what have you been up to?" Mom asked, seeming really interested.

"Nothing much, just the usual. I had a photoshoot the day before. The family was huge! Three wives, and I think 15 kids, I didn't think I'd be able to handle it. But the family was easygoing, and they weren't rowdy at all, which made my job a whole lot easier. Just that some annoying guy who has been pestering me happen to be part of the family." Jannah narrated to her mom as she ate her cake.

"Hmm, interesting." She knew her mom was up to something because the tone she used was suspicious.

"So there's a guy, huh?" That made jannah choke on her cake.

I knew it

"What? Noooo. You know I don't do that stuff. And it was just a plain coincidence, I'm probably never meeting him again. I'm hoping not to."

"What stuff?" Mom feinged ignorance. And jannah gave her the 'really' look.

"Okay, whatever." Mom gave up, just for now.

They were done after a while, and her mom made way for the airport. They arrived shortly after. Mom had parked in the parking lot and was escorting jannah to the entrance. "This is it then." Mom uttered.
"Don't miss me too much, mom."

"You wish." That didn't come without mom rolling her eyes.

"Come here." She added as she spread her arms open, and jannah closed in for the hug.

"Do take care of yourself, jannah."

"I will, you too, mom."

"I guess I better get going. Bye, mom." She said, releasing her mom.

"Bye janunu." She teased and waved, and jannah waved back, leaving.

After all the procedures and the waiting, they were finally called for boarding. She couldn't wait. She was tired of waiting. She was ascending the stairs that led to the door of the plane when all of a sudden, she missed a step and tripped. She fell back and had already anticipated how hard she'd hit the metal when her hand was held midair by someone who was yet to be known to her as her veil covered her face due to the breeze. They remained in that position for about a minute before she was pulled back upright, and finally, her saviour was in sight.

I know this face. She thought.

"You alright?" The casually dressed, dark, young man inquired.