~Chapter 5

Jannah was on her way to the address of the shoot, and it turns out it was a family shoot. She was surprised cuz she didn't normally get those, but she shrugged it nonetheless.

She dialled Tanya's number to tell her she's by the gate. And about two minutes later, the huge gates were opened. The house was really spacious. There was a fountain in the middle of the compound, and there were a lot of trees and flowers that impressed jannah. The house was literally a mansion. It was beautiful and simple. But having such a big house meant there were a lot of people in the house.

Oh no. Jannah thought. She hated being around more than 10 people. She deeply hoped the shoot would go well and her mood wouldn't get ruined.

She parked her car beside Tanya's and alighted. As soon as she was out, she saw a girl of around 16 years of age making her way towards her. She figured she was the one supposed to take her in.

"Hey, you must be nana, right?" The girl said.

"Yes, I am." Jannah replied.

"Come on, let's go inside." The girl said and started walking while jannah nodded and followed suit.

It was about a two minute walk from my car to the main house. I stepped in and was staggered by the number of people I met in the living room. They were 19 in number, woah what a day it's going to be.

"Hey," Tanya said, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, hi." I replied. That was when I noticed the girl who brought me in wasn't with me anymore. She was with the other occupants of the room.

Keep it together, jnnah. You can do this. Her subconscious mind encouraged.

"Let's go meet the family." I said to Tanya, wearing my big girl pants.

"You sure you can do this ma'am." Tanya said, worried.

"Yeah, don't worry." I said, giving her a small smile.
Tanya was the closest thing I had to a friend. She has always been there for me, I didn't even want to hire her, but I needed help, and she was the best candidate for the job. The rest were incompetent.
I shut her out so many times that I was rude and cold towards her, but she never left. She realised that she shouldn't push much, and that was when I started being friendly towards her. Though we aren't really friends, i still like her as a person.

"Assalamu Alaikum. Hi everyone." I said, greeting everyone in the room.

A loud "Waalaikumu salam. Hey." Chorused from all over the room. It was a bit overwhelming actually and sort of funny, but I didn't laugh.

Just then, another girl walked up to me with the rest of the people in the room. Well, except the elderly.

"Guys, this is nana. The one I've been telling you guys about." Said the one that seemed to be the oldest.

"Correction, the one you're obsessed with." Said one of the boys there.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." She rolled her eyes while making the statement.

"Hi everyone, it's nice to meet you all." Jannah said with a smile. She's always nice during shoots. Especially when there are kids, I love children.
"Especially you." She added, pointing at the one "obsessed" with her. That made her mentally laugh a bit.

The statement jannah made got the girl really excited. She squeeled and ran upstairs, and the rest of her siblings or so, I think, burst into fits of laughter.

"She's totally obsessed with you." Another guy said. She smiled at that. She never knew people actually liked her. Not to talk of being obsessed with her. Wow.