Four

After Malin promised that she would follow Erik's instructions and left, Erik said goodbye to me properly. Somehow it hurt even more today than the last time and I don't know exactly why. 

Now I'm sitting on my bed, leaning against the wall and I'm actually on my phone for the first time since yesterday. I've successfully avoided it so far. Besides all the messages from old classmates, I also have some unread messages from Simon. 

~ My father messaged me
~ He's not that happy that I'm involved in a scandal, but I really don't care
~ And my grandma also messaged me
* Screenshot of message

———
- Simon, Janne just showed me this video that is going viral (is that how you say it?) right now. We haven't seen each other for a while, but I recognize you everywhere. I don't understand how people just talk about the other boy who so many are sure is Prince Wilhelm, although I doubt it because I know you can never, ever have a prince, just doesn't fit. There lies my grandson and has just bed stories with a boy, which is not possible, just that you know that. It doesn't surprise me that Linda raised you like that, I always knew that she isn't a good mother.
———

~ I think she never wants to see me again
~ And why does everyone always have to go against my mom?!
~ Sorry
~ But you can not change
~ How are you doing?

I used to think that 'normal' people didn't have a problem with stuff like that, which has changed now. How could I even think that? It's not like I don't known how many homophobic people there are. Maybe its better for us if we stop dating or whatever we did. I mean he wouldn't have to deal with things like this and Erik doesn't need to help me. I quickly type a message. 

- It's complicated. Could you maybe come to me for a moment? But please don't go through the main entrance, come to my window, after all, not everyone has to see you. 

After a few minutes you will get an answer.

~ Mom drives me. See you later

Pov Simon
I knock on the window. It will open shortly thereafter. "Hi" I smile. "Hi" he stretches his hand out to me. I take it grinning and climb inside. I close the window behind me and Wille goes to the door. He opens it and says something I don't understand, turns to me, points at me and continues talking. He closes the door again. 

"What was that?" "There are a few little problems" he says slowly. "Wilhelm, what's the matter?" "So um..." he bites his fingernails. I igrnore it and don't make any comments about it as I've noticed that it helps him. "As I said, it's a bit complicated." He sits down on his bed. "Now stop the fussing and talk" I lean against the table, arms crossed. 

"I'm expected to deny that it's me in the video" for some reason I feel like that's not all and it seems my feeling has gotten along again because he keeps talking. "They also forbade me to see you" he says quietly. "Oh" I nervously run my hands through my hair. 

"And why were you talking to someone before your door and also pointing at me?" I look at him questioningly. "Malin was thrust on me again" "Who is Malin?" "Oh, right, you don't know her at all. Malin is one of our bodyguards and, thanks to the video, is responsible for me again. I used to have her in between and from now on she'll always be with to me" he says as if it would be the most natural thing in the world. 

"You have a bodyguard?!" "I'm a prince who's caught up in a huge scandal right now, so yeah" he gets up again. He looks really nervous. "Are you okay?" I ask worried in his direction. "It's okay, I just have a bad urge to move right now." after that sentence there is a few minutes of awkward silence as Wille goes from one end, of the room, to the other end, repeating it over and over again. At some point I ask: "And what are we going to do now? Break up? Be together secretly? Die?". "No one dies hopefully" he pauses for far too long. 

"Speak! Otherwise you're not so taciturn" He takes a deep breath and even before he says anything, I know exactly what he's going to say, I can see it in his eyes. "It's better for both of us if... if we... if we... break up... I know it's not great... but right now... there's no other solution... sorry" while he says what I didn't want to hear, he stutters and gets quieter and quieter. 

After a few seconds of what felt like hours, I finally bring out a hoarse "What?". I would love to hit him right now, really, but somehow I can't move a millimeter right now. "Are you serious?!" he has his back to me and is not moving either.

"Wilhelm!" he slowly turns around. His eyes are filled with tears. "You don't want that yourself!" after a while he replies "No, I don't want that any more than you do, but it's better that way..." "And why the fuck should that be better then?!" my voice is getting louder and I don't really want to yell at him, but somehow I can't control it.