Eighteen

I'm just about to fall asleep when there's a knock on the door and it opens. A nurse stands there and looks at me. I sit up confused. "Yes?" "I'm supposed to inform you that Crown Prince Erik will wake up, probably in the next hour." Now I'm awake again. More awake than I've ever been.

"Can I go to him?" I look at him questioningly. "I don't know if that's a good idea. After this afternoon you're..." I interrupt him. "I'm fine again, really" he looks at me skeptically. "Okay. But you won't stay with him all night" "Deal" he helps me out of bed.

"Erik?" he slowly opens his eyes and looks around confused. "What happened?" he whispers and looks at me. "You had to have an operation and were in an induced coma afterwards." "Okay" he says slowly. "How long?" "Just about a day and a half" I take his hand.

"How are you doing?" he looks at me a little worried. "Broken knee, concussion and a few other bruises, it could have been worse" I grin. "Sorry, I didn't wanted to do this. I..." I interrupt him. "It's not your fault. Besides, we're both still alive, so everything's fine" I rest my head on his leg. He looks at me for a long time and at some point becomes suspicious.

"Why do you have an oxygen mask mark on your face?" "You can still see it?!" It's not like I haven't worn it in several hours. "Why did you need oxygen?" he looks at me questioningly. I slowly sat up properly again. "I had a little panic attack this afternoon. It's not the best idea with bruised ribs" I say.

"How bad?" "Cold shower bad" "Shit" he states. "How are you doing?" I look at him questioningly. "It's like I've been in a car accident" I punch him lightly in the arm. "I'm serious idiot" "And so am I" he laughs. However, you can tell pretty clearly that it's tiring for him.

"Was Simon allowed to see you?" I nod. "Yes, he was able to come here on Sunday evening. I think Malin was quite committed to it." "I'm happy about that" he smiles contentedly. "What actually got you so upset today that you had such a bad panic attack?" I hesitate and then decide to tell him.

"Simon had to have a crisis meeting with mom and the others today because you can't really deny it anymore, I mean our relationship. Whatever. It came out who made the video and uploaded it" I say. "So? Who was it?" he looks at me excitedly. "I don't know if it's a good thing if I tell you now" "Now do it, otherwise it won't leave me alone until I find out" I take a deep breath and then say, briefly and succinctly:

"August"

"That's a joke, right?" I shake my head. "That stupid idiot" he stares at the ceiling. "He promised me that he would look after you. It happend otherwise." "Yeah, it did" Silence. But the silence isn't strange, in fact it's quite pleasant.

"What are they going to do about you and Simon now?" Erik asks after a few minutes. "Our relationship will be confirmed in an official statement from the palace in a few days" I smile. "That's good. Really good" my head is now back on his leg and he keeps running through my hair. "Despite that, we're not really free, you know what I mean?" he nods. "Unfortunately. I would wish that for you"

Wednesday, December 23rd

The Royal Palace officially confirmed the relationship between Prince Wilhelm and Simon Eriksson a few minutes ago

Prince Wilhelm in a homosexual relationship: is his title in danger?

Prince Wilhelm's boyfriend: get to know Simon Eriksson better

After the sex video scandal it is now officially confirmed: Prince Wilhelm and Simon Eriksson are a couple

Prince Wilhelm is dating a boy, now there is only one question. What sexuality does the youngest of the royal family have?

Prince Wilhelm's relationship: how does his older brother, Crown Prince Erik, feel about it?

He picked him out of all people: that's Prince Wilhelm's boyfriend

Prince Wilhelm is gay: that's coming to Sweden in the near future

Insider reveals: the palace now knows who is to blame for the video

Pov Simon
Going to Wille has been torture for the last few days, not because of him, just because of everyone else. But today it was particularly bad because I arrived at the hospital about an hour after the statement and there were so many people there that we almost didn't get through.

Kristina, yes, I can call her that and yes, I'm surprised myself, she forced a second bodyguard on me, but actually that's not really a bad thing. Hendrik is really really nice and so I'm less bothered, so everything's okay. In a few days or weeks I probably won't find it as fun or beautiful anymore, but whatever.

I'm snuggled up in Wille's arms and scrolling through Instagram. There are a few posts where people congratulate us, otherwise it's basically business as usual. Except maybe that I have around three thousand follower requests. So I decide to archive a few posts that I'm not comfortable with and make my account public. I'll probably make a private one in the next few days, but that's fine for now.

"Simon?" Wille interrupts the silence. "Yes?" I look at him questioningly. "Smile" he opens the camera on his phone, presses a kiss on my hair with a smile and then presses the shutter button. He looks at the picture with satisfaction. "Perfect" he kisses me again on my hair. "I love you" "I love you too" I reply smiling.