Nineteen

I focus on my phone again. I know it doesn't really seem like a pleasant thing to be on your phone even though you're visiting your boyfriend in the hospital, but I don't really care. Also, I haven't really been on my phone yet today, simply because this statement caused so much stress that I couldn't do it.

I still have over sixty unread messages and today I feel more comfortable reading them in Wille's arms anyway. I open the messages from Ayub and Rosh.

- Congratulations
- I'm proud of you

— How is Wilhelm doing?

- I found something entertaining

— What?
— Send it!

- *Picture of Simon walking into the hospital

— You look like you're famous

I read through the messages shaking my head and quickly type a reply to the last message.

~ I'm not famous, my boyfriend is famous

I also get an answer pretty quickly.

— Since this morning at the latest, all of Sweden knows your name
— That is the definition of being famous!!!!!

~ I get it
~ I still don’t call myself famous

- Your business

— But you are.

A few minutes later I also read the other messages. Funnily enough, there is nothing really negative this time, which of course I think is great. I'm about to put my phone down when I get a notification from Instagram.

prinswilhelm mentioned you in a story

I open it and look at it for a while, smiling. The picture he took before. I turn to him and kiss him, grinning.

"Come on, let's go to Erik" Wille ruffles my hair. I nod and stand up. Then I help Wille, who actually has things under control himself quite well now.

He said yesterday that he doesn't need a wheelchair and that it's completely unnecessary, so he's using crutches now. He just can't walk with it for that long because his sprained wrist doesn't really like it. By the way, Erik is doing so well that he no longer has to be in the ICU and is therefore in the room opposite Wille.

I go to the door, open it and take a quick look out. Behind the security people setting up the cordon are tons of people with cameras and phones just waiting for us to go out. I look at Wille. He understands and says: "We just go over there. We don't say anything, we don't look at them, we just go over there. Okay?" I nod. He goes first and I walk right behind him.

Lots of flashes go off and a few people shout questions at us, although we can't really understand them very well. Like Wille said, we just go over there, knock briefly and go in.

"What's going on out there please?!" this is how Erik greets us. "Oh" Wille hugs him briefly. "It’s not every day that a prince comes out as queer" Wille laughs. "And that's extremely special, of course" I'm going to them now too. Erik also gives me a quick hug.

For the next few minutes there is quite a bit of laughing and talking.

At some point a doctor comes in who actually wanted to talk to Wille alone, but you can't get Wille alone. However. It was about his dismissal. He could stay here in the hospital until after Christmas, or go home tomorrow to be home for Christmas, logical, right? Wille said that he would like to go home tomorrow. So the doctor is now getting his papers ready.

Unfortunately, Erik has to stay a while longer, but there is a very good chance that he will be home on New Year's Day.