Fourteen

Pov Wilhelm
Simon's head is resting on my left leg and since it's convenient, I play with his curls. He has been looking at me wordlessly and smiling for minutes. It's really sweet. "Wille?" "Hmm?" I look at him questioningly. "I really don't know what I would do without you" "Same" I smile. "Can you please get well again as quickly as possible?" I nod. "I can try" he stands up and presses an intense kiss on my lips. "Thank you" he says quietly after he pulls away from me again.

"Have you been able to see Erik yet?" he looks at me questioningly. "They don’t want to let me see him, but I’m working on it" "What do you mean?" he asks confused. "I'll get on their nerves until they finally let me out of my bed and go to Erik" I say as if it were obvious. "Sometimes I really wonder how everyone puts up with you" he shakes his head, laughing.

Simon left quite late, which I really needed. I mean I needed him to stay this long. I could have used him later, because the night was terrible. I had excruciating pain that didn't go away despite the maximum dose of painkillers, in fact it just got worse. At some point I also had an emergency CT scan because the doctors couldn't explain my severe pain. But now things are slowly getting better.

I was also able to persuade a nurse to let me see Erik as soon as my pain was reduced, and he probably just said yes to it so that I wouldn't get on his nerves anymore. Of course I texted it directly to Simon, who was also happy. Actually, there's nothing to look forward to, I mean, my brother is in a coma, but I think it's still nice to see him. Does that sound strange? I hope not. However.

As soon as I got into Erik's room, I actually wanted to get out again. It somehow looks so disgusting and scary. All the hoses, devices, cables... "Is everything okay?" Simon looks at me a little worried. I nod. "It’s all good" I confirm with a nod.

When I get to Erik's bed, I carefully take his hand and just stare at him. It hurts to see him like this. It hurts a lot. After a while I feel Simon put his hand reassuringly on my shoulder. I smile and inside I thank Erik so much for everything he has done for us. Now he just needs to get well. Please. I can't do anything without him. I need my brother.

"Wille?" I look up at Simon. "I have to go in a few minutes" "Why?" does he have to go back to school? Did mom and dad forbid him from seeing me? Does he not want to be here anymore? "I just noticed that you stick to your phone ban pretty strictly" he says with a laugh. "Okay?" I look at him confused.

"Yesterday, when I came here, it felt like there were more people at the back entrance than there were people living in Bjärstad. That means that quite a few people filmed and photographed me. That also means that there were countless headlines about me and you this morning. That in turn also means that there will now be a crisis meeting with your parents and all possible employees. And you can guess three times who is allowed to go, or rather has to go"

I look at him with my mouth open. "Certainly not me, what makes you think that?" says Simon, more than averagely enthusiastic. "If you're allowed into a meeting as a normal person, you're part of our family. Congratulations" I laugh. He looks at me with his death stare. "Now seriously, my condolences. This is going to be so incredibly boring and unpleasant." "Yay, I'm really excited" the ironic undertone in his voice cannot be ignored. "You'll survive" I grin and place a quick kiss on his arm.

After Simon left, I stayed with Erik for a while and talked to him because one of the doctors said he might get a little something out of it. At some point I went back to my room because I had to get another infusion because I probably wouldn't have been able to endure the pain otherwise.

Now I'm lying in my bed reading articles from yesterday that Simon told me about. There's a lot of homophobic stuff in it, but also a lot of positive stuff, which is really nice. The not so nice ones usually say things like:

'A prince should be a role model'

or

'Prince Wilhelm is in a homosexual relationship - How can Her Majesty Queen Kristina allow something like that?'

But I think we have to live with that.