03.

**Leif**

My mind felt like it was all over the place after second period with that flirty alpha and his cousin.
It was confusing me on why Felix was being so friendly with me.
He didn't even know me..
And to make it worse.
I nearly caused a storm outside.
It made my face grow warm just thinking about it.

The only ones who knew about my ability were my adoptive parents and a few of their friends, I had to try restraining myself from letting that side of me show.
Especially when I knew it would draw unwanted attention.

I walked over to my locker pulling it open but paused at the sound of soft giggling.
I looked over my shoulder and noticed Quin against his while Asher leaned over the other, whispering something to the omega who tried pushing him away before laughing instead of giggling now.

Part of me wanted that.
To feel that carefree and happy.
But I was scared.
Especially if I mess up again and let my ability show.
I already knew it made me look like a freak.

I was the only vampire that I knew of who had this ability, and it's what made my mom go insane and made her run away with me to get away from.. him..

I stood there as my brows furrowed now, the tears were forming and I was getting upset just thinking about it.

"Leif?"
I flinched looking over my shoulder and it made Quin step back with regret in his green eyes.
"Sorry, you looked upset." He frowned.
I blushed hard looking away.
"N-No, I'm sorry.." I frowned which made the omega's brows knit.
"Wanna talk about it?" He offered as I looked at the blond, Asher was still at the lockers but looking our way before I looked back at the other.
"No, thanks though but I'm okay." I lied as Quin frowned.

"Leif, you know, it took a while for me to adjust to our family, but that's what you and I are now... and if you ever want to talk about something, anything actually, I'll be an open ear alright?" He smiled softly before carefully placing his hand on my shoulder looking at me.

I stared before nibbling my bottom lip.
"A-Actually... maybe there is something.." I murmured as Quin tilted his head at me.
"What is it?"
I looked at the other.
"I know our parents are opposite races, b-but do you think it would be weird for an alpha to like a vampire?" I asked him.

Quin blinked before he smiled softly.
"Nope, if that's who likes you and it's what you like, then it's not weird at all." He shrugged.
I looked at him.
"But what if it's weird to others?" I questioned.

"Screw what everyone else thinks." I looked up as Asher approached us, his arm falling over his mate while looking at me.
"Take it from someone who judged this one before knowing his story, it gets you nowhere from judging someone and if you let opinions control how you live your life, then you're not really living. If you like an alpha, then like him and let that alpha like you. The only opinion that really matters, is yours." He told me.

I blinked as Quin smirked softly at the other.
"Nicely said babe." He said kissing the others cheek who grinned in response.

"But you have my attention, who is the alpha?" Asher asked me.
I blinked before nibbling my lip.
"O-Oh, his name is-"

"Felix Valentine."
I froze looking over my shoulder as the alpha walked over to the three of us, his green eyes were locked on Asher who stared at the other.

"Easy with that gaze, I'll almost think you don't like me." Asher smirked at Felix who stared at him.
"I haven't came across many alphas that I do like if I'm being honest with you, especially when they're around things that interest me." Felix responded.

Asher blinked a few times before grinning.
"Oh is that so?" He stepped up but Quin's hand slammed against the others chest.
"Knock it off Ash, it's the first day back and I really don't want to see you fighting someone on a Monday-"
"But he's obviously starting something." Asher whined.

Quin rolled his eyes before looking at Felix.
"There really is no need to be feral, the two of us are marked so trust me, there's no competition." He told the alpha who blinked looking at Quin.

"Oh, you're marked?" He asked him.
Quin grinned with a nod.
"Very much so, have been for the past few months now, so stop trying to ignite a flame in my boyfriend please." He told the other.

With that, Felix took a step back.
"My bad, I've just came across a lot of alphas who tend to try claiming different mates and-"
"Whoa whoa whoa, no offense to this ones brother, but I have NO intentions of having more than one mate." Asher grinned at Felix.
"This one is already enough of a handful, I couldn't imagine having another mate and I really don't see Quin as the sharing type, especially when this one here is his brother." He smirked now.

Felix blinked looking at the two of us.
"You two are brothers?" He asked.
Quin smiled.
"We were adopted into the Grimes household, but we are still seen as brothers and even though there is no blood relation between the two of us? Like my boyfriend said, I have no intentions of sharing what is mine." His smile felt like ice and it made me blush looking away now.

Felix stared but nodded.
"Sorry for coming across like a dick then, I just saw this one with an alpha and just thought-"
"Nah, I get the same way, don't worry." Asher grinned at Felix.
"It's an alpha thing so I can relate to that feeling all too well, just watch it with other alphas, not everyone is going to respond calmly like I did to you acting feral towards a misunderstanding." He explained.

Felix nodded before his eyes fell on me and his expression softened.
"I actually came to see what class you had next." He said changing the subject now as if wanting to move on from talking to my brother and his mate.
I blinked.
"O-Oh.." I pulled out my schedule and scanned over it.

"Chemistry." I answered.
Felix frowned.
"What about fourth?"
I stared before looking back at the paper.
"Gym-"
"Then I'll see you in gym." He sounded happy about that before leaving my side.

I blinked watching him leave before my eyes fell on Quin who was already grinning at me.
"Looks like you have yourself a crush." He told me.
My brows knitted.
"B-But it's only the first day, I didn't even do anything for him to like me.." I frowned rubbing my neck.

"Alphas tend to imprint without realizing it's been done." Asher told me.
I looked at him confused.
"Imprint?"
"It's like an early stage of already locking you in as their potential mate, I've never seen it done until now, but that explains why he was so obsessive during our encounter. He imprinted and that's why he wants to be where you are." He explained.

I frowned deeply.
"B-But what if he realizes I'm not what he actually wants, o-or I reject him, or-"
"Hey, Leif, breathe." Quin took me by the shoulders as fear filled my eyes looking at him and his eyes widened before letting go.

"Don't panic too much over this okay? If Felix wasn't interested in you, he wouldn't have imprinted so early after just meeting you. Just let nature take its course and see where things go, who knows? You may end up liking him more than you realize." He smiled as I looked at him worried.

"Carmen already hates me-"
"Screw Carmen, she's just an omega who opens her legs for anyone who gives her attention." Quin said rolling his eyes.

"Easy." Asher grinned at Quin who frowned.
"Well she is! If she doesn't get her way, she throws a fit and it's unattractive for an omega." He commented.

I watched the two before jumping at the sound of the bell ringing.

"That's our cue, see you later Leif." Quin waved me off before walking away with Asher who kept bumping shoulders with the other, making jokes as he did to make Quin laugh at the other before he would shove the other away.

That lonely feeling returned but I shrugged it off as I headed to chemistry with a soft sigh.
So Felix imprinted on me?
Was I okay with an alpha liking me like that?
It made me stop to think about it but the more I did.
The more nervous it made me.
I've never been with anyone before.
The idea of intimacy scared me.
What if I wasn't good enough for him?

Nibbling my bottom lip I made my way to the door to only yelp bumping into someone else.

"Fucking watch it." A voice snarled as I flinched looking up to be greeted with cold green eyes, that were soon filled with amusement.
"Oho, it's the little virgin vampire." Ricky smirked at me as I frowned deeply at the other.
This couldn't get any worse.

"Excuse me." I whispered trying to push past the other.
"Whoa ho, what's the hurry friend? You know you really pissed me off by letting that dog use his pheromones against us this morning." Ricky commented as I frowned at him.
"D-Dog..?" I tried thinking back to this morning before my face flushed red.

"Do you mean Felix?" I asked.
"I don't give a damn what his name is, what I do care about is little virgin vampires thinking they're suddenly invincible when someone else stands up for them." Ricky told me.

My brows furrowed.
"I-I never thought I was invincible, they were just helping me out." I replied.
"It makes you look fucking pathetic as a vampire." Ricky hissed as I flinched.
"S-Sorry-"
"Not only are you a sorry ass virgin, you're a sorry excuse for a vampire." Ricky smirked.

"Yo, Ricky!"
The blond looked over his shoulder before a fist was greeting the others face, sending him to the ground as I stood there in shock.

"How about you stop running your mouth and belittling this guy? It's really freaking annoying." This blond with blue eyes hissed bitterly, there were eyes all on us as he glared at Ricky who got to his feet in seconds.

"You wanna fight Vexx?"
"You are not worth fighting Ricky, I told Dorian I wouldn't get suspended this year but if you keep at it with the petty ass bullying, I might have to go against my own word." Vexx frowned deeply at the other blond who spit out the blood in his mouth.
"Yeah whatever, between you, the dumb ass dog and that virgin. I don't know whose the bigger headache-"

"S-Stop calling me that." I frowned at the other.
Ricky spun around, his eyes on me.
"D-Do something about it, v-virgin." He mocked as tears formed in my eyes.

"Ricky, knock it off!" Vexx hissed.
Without thinking, my hand greeted Ricky's face but I let out a surprised cry in pain the moment his fist greeted my face in response.

I nearly lost consciousness from the pain as I sat on the ground with my head spinning.

"Don't act tough when you ain't shit." Ricky hissed storming past Vexx who growled at the other before he was kneeling in front of me.

"Stop crying, you'll heal in a bit." He told me.
It made my brows knit as I looked at the other.
"I wanna change classes." I whispered.
Vexx studied me before frowning.
"You'd rather run?" He asked.
I flinched at the others tone but frowned.
"I can't fight, he's stronger than I am-"
"It doesn't mean you run, but you should go to the nurse to heal up." He told me.

I frowned but nodded as the other helped me to my feet, I looked in Ricky's direction who was laughing at something someone said before I looked away as my face throbbed in pain.

I really was a sorry excuse for a vampire.
I couldn't even handle a punch to the face.
I thought I was defending myself.
But I only made things worse.

My arms were crossed as I made my way out of the room and down the hall.
Maybe I could talk to my papa about becoming stronger as a vampire.
He seemed pretty strong, or I could ask him to talk to one of his friends.
It made me nibble my lip as I frowned.
Would that seem pitiful?
To ask for help?

"Leif?"
My blood ran cold.
My face wasn't healed, why was he here? And now of all times?

I didn't turn to the other as Felix walked around and his eyes grew wide seeing my face.

"What happened?" He demanded reaching for me but I flinched stepping back.
He was angry.
"Who did this?" He asked me.
Tears were burning my eyes.
"N-No one-"

"Was it that vampire again? Did he hurt you?" He glared walking in the direction of chemistry.
The tears slipped as my eyes grew wide before my legs were moving on their own.
I ran right after Felix.
And without thinking.

My tiny frame pressed against his as my arms wrapped around him.
"D-Don't, please don't. He's not worth it, I-I don't want you getting in trouble, so please. Don't go in there, Felix." I cried into the others back.

He stayed perfectly still.
"Let go, Leif." He ordered and it made me tremble.
"N-Not if you're going in there." I told him.
"I promise I won't, I just want to see your face." He told me.
It made my breath hitch before I hesitantly stepped back from the other.

Felix was still for a moment before he turned to me and his eyes were on my face, it made me blush looking away from the other.

Felix carefully reached and caressed my swollen cheek while looking at me.
"If I didn't care about getting expelled, I would go in there and send him straight to the hospital, just for touching you." He growled lowly.
It made me whimper looking at him as he sighed.

"Come on, let's go to the nurse, I'll stay with you while you heal." He said taking my hand as my face burned but nodded following the other.

I know that Felix imprinted on me..
I just hope.
I'm worth the drama over.
Especially.

When he finds out my secret.