05.

**Leif**

"Leif, dinner is ready!" I heard my dad yell what felt like an hour later.
And for that last hour.
I sat on the bed, staring at Felix's phone number.
It was obvious he was experienced with this sort of thing.
And that's what had me so nervous about being around him.
His forwardness was scary.

"Yo, Leif, did you hear dad?"
I looked up at the door to where Amber stood, her arms crossed with her brow arched looking at me.
I stared at her.
"Y-Yeah, sorry, I'm coming." I said getting to my feet as Amber's eyes fell to the paper in my hand.

"What's that?" She asked.
I blinked before frowning.
"It's nothing." I lied tossing the number into the trashcan, already knowing I would be getting it out later to decide what to say to Felix.

Amber stared before nodding.
"Alrighty, well come on, it's taco night and I'm starved." She grinned walking ahead of me.
I followed after the other with my thoughts on everything else besides the food.

"So how was everyone's first day back?" Dad casually asked as we sat at the table that evening.
"It was alright, not as exciting as Leif's first day from what I heard." Iggy commented and it made me blush.

"What happened?" Amber questioned looking to us confused.
"Leif apparently has a crush on the first day of school, to the point of imprinting." Iggy told her.
Amber's eyes widened.
"What? Who?" She asked looking at me in shock.

My face darkened.
"H-His name is Felix Valentine." I answered.
Amber blinked.
"Is he new?" She looked to our brothers who all nodded.

Amber looked back to me.
"That's pretty wild to have someone crushing on you on the first day back, he must really like you." She told me.
I blushed shrugging as I bit at my bottom lip.
"I-I didn't even do anything." I responded in a whisper.

"Alright you guys, leave your brother alone and eat your tacos before they get cold." Dad said now as he took a bite of his own taco while staring at the other five.

Everyone went back to eating before the sound of the twins wailing broke the silence and dad was sighing softly as he got to his feet.
"I'll go." Papa offered standing up.
"No it's fine, I've got it." Dad smiled softly at the other who was frowning softly but nodded as he sat back down.

I frowned watching dad walk more slowly out of the room before everyone's eyes were on papa.

"Is he okay?" Iggy was the first to ask.
Papa was hesitant but nodded.
"He's just tired, it's taken a lot out of him with the twins-"

"I can drop out of school to help dad more, I don't mind." Amber offered with a shrug.
Papa frowned at her.
"No, you need to graduate-"
"And do what afterwards? Get a retail job? Because I don't plan on going to college." Amber argued.
Papa's brows furrowed.
"Amber-"

"I'm going to go help dad, school has never been a big deal for me and if helping dad and you out, I don't mind dropping out-"
"Amber-"
"You guys saved me nearly two years ago." Amber cut papa off, her back to the other as she stared at the hallway.
"If it wasn't for you guys, I don't know where I would have ended up, and I don't want to watch dad exhaust himself being alone all day with the twins, while you're at work." She turned to papa now.
"So please, let me do this." She said stepping out of the room now.

No one said anything before Omega looked to papa.
"I think it's a good idea." He commented.
Papa sighed rubbing his temples.
"I know it is, but her education is important, everyone's is." His fingers laced together as his chin rested on top, as if thinking it over.

"You guys finish eating, I'm going to discuss something with your dad." He said excusing himself from the table.

I stared at my food frowning softly before finishing up and heading back to my room.

I walked right past Amber's room but slowed down to see her talking it over with both dad and papa, it made my brows furrow from how lucky that must be to get to stay home and do nothing all day.
Meanwhile, I still have to figure out how to contact Felix since he doesn't have my number.

I sat on the edge of my bed before laying back and stared up at the ceiling.
I wish today could just be restarted so I knew to avoid Felix and Ricky at all costs.
And now there's that issue with Carmen.
How did I turn into the most unluckiest person in the room in a single day?

"You were born unlucky."

Tears burned my eyes laying there before rolling over onto my side.
I felt my eyes threatening to close.
And when they finally did.
All I could taste was water.

"Stop fighting me, Leif!"
Water escaped the tub as the nine year old's nails dug into his mothers arms as he kept gulping water down, it was burning his throat and nose as he screamed in nothing but fear.
Leif did everything in his power to fight her as he heard lightning crash all around the house like complete madness.

"What are you doing?!" He heard someone demand before the sound of his mother screaming filled the room and Leif was being ripped out of the bathtub, choking and sobbing as his mom laid on the ground holding her busted cheek.

"I'm saving him, Nikolai!"
"You're KILLING him!"
"We created a monster, he would be better off DEAD!"

"You would be." Nikolai snarled ripping the nine year old out of the room who continued sobbing.
"STOP CRYING!"

I sat up fast drenched in sweat with wide eyes as I looked around.
It was dark now and the house was more quiet.
I swallowed rubbing my eyes as I slowly got out of bed, turning the light on as I looked for some new clothes to change into after I showered.

I stepped out of the bedroom and made my way down the hall, holding onto the clothes as I stared at the carpeted floor.
My brows were knitted as I stepped into the bathroom and closed the door behind me.
I leaned against it before letting out a gentle but shaky sigh.

Why did I have to dream of something like that?
Something I tried keeping locked away so it wouldn't interfere with my fear of water..

Swallowing but frowning at how dry my throat felt, I turned the shower head on while trying not to flinch.
I stared at the water that hit the tubs bottom and went into the drain as the fear tried swallowing me whole.
I squeezed my eyes shut before taking my shirt off then removed my jeans, kicking everything to the corner.

I looked at the water and could feel color draining from my face as I stepped closer to the shower, letting out a sigh, I placed one foot inside before forcing the rest of my body in with it.

I stood there stiff as a board before stepping back for the water to hit me.
And when it did.
I did the most embarrassing thing I could ever do.

I screamed in fear before I felt myself losing balance and was falling out of the shower with the curtain and pole that fell with me, onto the ground as tears streamed down my cheeks.

"LEIF?!" I heard someone shout in concern as I sat there staring at the pouring water.
The bathroom door slammed open and there stood both my parents, with Jinx and Quin right with them.

"Oh my god, baby are you okay?" My dad rushed to my side, grabbing the towel before covering me with it as I continued to sit there with wide panicked filled eyes.
"S-Sorry," I whispered.
"I'm sorry." I cried sitting there.

"No, don't apologize, you've done nothing wrong. But what happened?" My dad asked sitting on the floor with me as I trembled.
"E-Earlier I had a nightmare, and I guess it really b-bothered me, I just know I slipped and fell... I-I'm sorry for pulling the curtain down." I said.

"The curtain is far from what we're worried about." Papa spoke up now with crossed arms looking at me with furrowed brows.
"Our concern is you, Leif, are you able to stand up?" He asked me.

I blinked before trying to make myself get up, I felt dad tighten his hold on the towel so it wouldn't come undone.
I stood to my feet before letting my eyes meet the other vampires in the room.
"I-I think I'm okay." I told him.

Dad and papa both sighed softly with relief.
"Good, that's what we want is for you to be okay, you really scared us from that crash. Are you sure you're okay?" Dad asked carefully caressing my cheek as I looked at him with a nod.
"Mhm." I responded.
The omega studied me before sighing with a soft smile.
"Alright, as long as you promise you're okay, that's good enough for me." He said turning the shower head off as papa grabbed another towel to dry the floor.
------
I walked back into the bedroom, embarrassed before falling onto the comforts of my bed, my face met the pillow as I laid there for what felt like forever, before I finally turned onto my back to grab my phone from the nightstand.

I stared at his number, nibbling my bottom lip, I nervously typed in the words before tossing my phone aside and in seconds.
I was asleep.
------
"You fell in the tub? Are you okay?" Urie questioned the next day standing at his car the next morning.
I nodded standing next to the other.
"Y-Yeah, I'm fine, it just startled me more than anything." I told the other.
Urie frowned at me.
"No shit, anything like that would startle almost anyone." His arms were crossed as he leaned against the door.

"Also, not that it's any of my business even though I AM the best friend," Urie grinned at me now changing the subject.
"What's going on with you and Mr.Mystery alpha, Felix Valentine?" He asked.
I blushed standing there.
"W-What do you mean?" I questioned.
Urie smirked softly.
"You know what I mean, Mr.Innocent, the whole school is talking about how he imprinted on a vampire yesterday, and when anyone questioned who? Your name would come up." He was grinning at me.

My face darkened.
"How does anyone even know about t-that?"
"So it's true?" Urie's brown eyes were wide standing there.
I frowned deeply at the other with furrowed brows.
"You tricked me?"
"Hardly a trick when I wasn't sure if it was everyone running their mouths or not, holy shit, how did it happen?" Urie questioned.

I could only shrug.
"I'm still asking that same question, I don't know how it happened.. but now that it did? Felix is always trying to be with me." I told him.
Urie looked at me.
"Are you okay with something like that?" He frowned now.
I shrugged again.
"I can learn to be okay with it, even though it scares me." I forced a small smile to try to reassure the other.

Urie sighed.
"Alright fine, but if this alpha does anything, you just say the word and we'll be having wolf stew that same night." He told me.
This time I did smile.
"Really, Urie?"
"Yes really, do you like onions in your stew? Oh, and how rare do you take your meat?" He joked as I shoved the other grinning at him.
"Stop it." I laughed as he grinned now.

"Good morning, Leif."
I paused near the lockers as my eyes looked up and were meeting green ones.
"G-Good morning, Felix." I responded greeting the other.

Meanwhile, Urie was squinting his eyes at the other.
Felix noticed this before arching a brow.
"Can I help you?" He asked him.
Urie continued squinting.
"Not yet, but if you do anything to hurt this one here, you'll be in my pot tonight." He said warning the other before walking away, leaving the two of us alone.

Felix blinked before looking back to me.
"What was that about?" He asked.
I shook my head walking past him.
"It's better not to question Urie sometimes." I told the other as he followed me over to the lockers.
"Well he seemed pretty protective over you, but maybe that's a good thing for when I'm not around." Felix shrugged.
It made my face grow warm standing there.

"Y-You think I need protection?" I questioned.
Felix glanced around.
"Who knows? Someone else might see how attractive you are, and will want to compete with me to win your affection." He teased and my face darkened.

"O-Oh..." I looked away but flinched when he carefully took my cheek and motioned for me to look back at the alpha.
"But we both know who would already win, don't we?" He asked me.
"And now," he leaned in.
"I have your number." He smirked softly as I tried not to mentally die right then and there.

I knew I shouldn't have done it.
And now that I did.
I was even more nervous to be around Felix.

[Unknown]: H-Hey Felix, it's um.. it's me, L-Leif Grimes. I realized you gave me your number but I didn't give you m-mine, so um.. here it is, o-okay goodnight!