15.

**Felix**

"Maybe it got too serious and he ran for the hills?" I sat on the bleachers next to Foxx who held a volleyball in his hand, spinning it with his brown eyes focused on the object.
"If it got too serious, we would have talked, plus the two of us are marked so running wouldn't have really been an option." I responded, frowning deeply as I looked into the field of players running across the green grass, tossing the football to the appropriate teammate.

"It's been nearly two weeks Felix, you haven't heard from him and his family won't even talk to you. Isn't that a sign that something happened?" Foxx asked me.
I looked to my cousin frowning softly.
"All I know is that Leif's papa was killed, it just doesn't make sense on why he would disappear.." I looked away as Foxx studied me before sighing softly.

"Have you tried talking to his family about it?" He questioned.
I was quick to shake my head.
"I feel like, if I was supposed to know something, they would tell me themselves instead of me barging in there demanding answers." I looked to Foxx who had this annoyed look in his eye.
"If you two are mates now, you are supposed to know things, you are supposed to ask things Felix, if you don't you'll be left in the dark." Foxx stood up as the bell rang to return to study hall, the last period of the day.

"It's been two weeks." Foxx began, shoving his hands into his pockets as he looked down at me.
"Two weeks of no communication, that should have been some sort of flag for you to open your eyes and mind about. We have a shitty ass family, but you and I are like brothers, I'm here for you and you are here for me. I know it's upsetting you, and the only way you'll get those questions off your chest is by confronting your mates family." Foxx told me before walking ahead.

Leaving me there as I sat in silence, the wind blew as my eyes fell onto the woods.
My brows were furrowed.
Where did you go?
And.. why didn't you take me with you?
Your life seemed almost perfect, but the moment Magna died..
You disappeared.
Like you were behind it.

But.
You are not that type of person.
You're compassionate and shy.
There is no murderous bone in that body of yours.
So.. 
What or who drove you to vanish without even coming to me first?

"Felix! We have to get to class, get off your ass and let's go!"
I turned to Foxx who stood halfway between me and the building, his eyes locked on me as I frowned before getting to my feet.
I didn't want to.
But I walked down the steps and made my way into the building.

Sitting in study hall, my mind was blank.
I couldn't focus on anything but the what if's and the why's.
I wanted to get up and walk out.
But I knew I could hold it together for twenty more minutes.
Even though my eyes kept falling onto him.

Quinn.

For the last two weeks, he's looked like he has something to say but is being told to keep quiet about it.
He knew something, and every time I caught him looking in my direction, he would look away fast and pretend like it never happened.

I never thought about confronting him about anything, especially since I've gotten used to being around Asher.
It was hard but it became possibly easy after a few tries.
Especially after Leif vanished.

The moment the bell rang for class to be dismissed, I was jumping to my feet at the same time Quinn was.

"Quinn." I called out to the omega who paused putting his books in his bag, now that I was closer to him, I could see how tired he really looked.
It was like he wasn't getting any sleep for some reason.
Depression maybe? 
Or was it guilt?

"Oh, hey Felix." He greeted me but his eyes looked lifeless as I frowned at him.
"Can we talk? It's about Leif-"
"Sorry, I can't." Quinn went to step past me and I don't know what made me do it, but I grabbed his wrist.
"Quinn-"

"Let go, Felix!" Quinn hissed at me now.
"What's going on?" In seconds, Asher was in the room but looking angry with his attention on me.
"Felix just suddenly grabbed me, what's your problem?" Quinn glared as my eyes widened.

"Why are you making me look like a dick all of a sudden? I just want to talk about Leif." I glared trying to defend myself.
"There is nothing to talk about Felix, let it go-"
"Let it go? He's my mate in case either of you have forgotten! It's been two weeks, two weeks of being left in the dark, two weeks of not knowing ANYTHING. He's your family, the love of my life, I deserve to know what's going on, Quinn." I glared.

I could see the life trying to return to Quinn's eyes.
"He's right." Asher commented looking to the blond whose brows knitted together.
"I said I would keep quiet about this." Quinn whispered to Asher who frowned at him.
"Leif is his mate, and he's still your brother, tell him Quinn." Asher told the other.

Quinn looked at Asher before his eyes fell back on me and he sighed softly.

"Leif ran away the night we found out our papa was killed, he blamed himself for what happened. Jinx said some pretty harsh things and it made Leif run.. everyone was mourning, so no one tried to stop Leif." He explained as my eyes grew wide.
The rage that was slowly trying to take over.

"Let me get this straight, Magna Grimes was killed and Leif took the blame, someone who was frightened of the sound of thunder, but because you all were too focused on mourning. You couldn't defend Leif when Jinx decided to be a massive jackass?-"
"Felix-"
"Leif is your brother, I don't know if he told you guys this, but he told me how loved he felt in that house. He would light up talking about everyone, especially the twins." My brows were knitted as tears formed in Quinn's eyes.
"You may all have needed each other that night to mourn the death of Magna, but Leif needed you the most the moment he felt like the world hated him." I ended as Quinn looked away, tears slipping past his eyes now.

"We were in shock, Felix, you don't understand-"
"No trust me, I do understand, I know what it's like having your parents taken from you." I cut Quinn off who looked taken back before frowning at me.
"I lost not only my mom but my dad at a young age, my cousin Jason took me in, he raised me into wanting me to be a strong alpha like him. But because I fell in love with your brother? I lost him too, and you know what I do with loss?" I asked him.
Quinn looked to Asher as the two looked back at me as I frowned at them.
"I move forward, because staying in the past isn't going to bring anyone back or change anything, it's just going to make you feel numb and depressed the whole time. Instead of what you should be doing, which is moving forward and caring whether or not that Leif may or may not be alive out there." I told him.

Quinn frowned softly at me.
"Felix.. no one even knows where Leif could have gone, no one saw him with anyone that night, he could be anywhere-"
"So what? Motivate yourself to find him, be better than what you're being right now." I told the other who flinched before his eyes fell on Asher.

"He's right, actually, I've been wondering the same thing. If this had been anyone else, if your papa was still here... you know he would get your family and friends together, and find whoever was missing, no questions asked." Asher commented.
Quinn looked at Asher with sadness in his eyes.
"I know he would.."
"Then what's stopping us from talking to your family into doing the same thing that he would do? Do you still love Leif?" Asher asked his mate, his voice was soft as his eyes met Quinn's whose face flushed red and tears slipped.

"Of course I still love him, I never stopped, but Ash.. they won't listen, he won't listen-"
"We will make them listen." Asher took Quinn's hands into his looking at the other.
"Leif never meant for any of this to happen, he already had a bounty on his head before your parents took him in, your papas murder? Leif had nothing to do with that, he was just as much in the dark about it like everyone else was. How Jinx behaved? How he called the shots? That wasn't his call, your dad was mourning but he should have stepped in, no scratch that, anyone else that wasn't your brother, should have stepped in and said something." Asher sighed softly squeezing Quinn's hands who looked at him.

"So let's go talk to your family, let's convince them to keep moving forward like Felix is, losing loved ones is tough but pushing away those you love hurts just as much, and you know your papa wouldn't want any of you acting like this on his behalf." Asher spoke gently to Quinn whose brows knitted but he nodded in response.
"I know he wouldn't.." Quinn whispered.
Asher smiled softly.
"Then come on, call your dad, tell him to call the family and friends so we can work out a plan to get Leif back. He's not just your family anymore, he's mine and he's also Felix's, and an alpha needs his mate." His eyes fell on me.

"Vampire, omega, it doesn't matter anymore, just as long as we're happy." Asher cupped Quinn's cheek who relaxed into the others touch.
"Which is something I want from you, is to see you happy again." He said brushing his thumb against Quinn's cheek who nodded.
"Okay." He said.
"I'll call dad." 
-------
It didn't take long before Quinn's house was full.
His family, his parents'friends were all in the house with confused looks.

"What's going on Quinn?" Moxie questioned.
It's only been two weeks but it looked like he had lost a lot of weight and color as if he had refused to leave the house.

Quinn was quiet for a moment, it was like this was his plan and it made me feel selfish for even thinking it was okay to put him on the spot like that, to make him feel like he had to take responsibility for however everyone decided to respond.

"Quinn wasn't the one who asked for you to gather here." I stepped up as Quinn looked at me, there was this sadness but also relief in his eyes, as if thanking me for not putting him through the idea of being the center of attention all of a sudden.

"I am." I said.
Moxie looked at me, his eyes looked almost as lifeless as Quinn's did earlier, but I knew he was having to hold himself together just so his children wouldn't worry about his well being and health.
Despite how much weight he had lost.

"What's this about?" Moxie's voice was soft looking at me as I frowned softly.
"I understand everyone has needed time to mourn, and I'm sorry for your loss, I always will be; but we need to find Leif." I said as the room fell silent.

"Seriously? You gathered us here for that?" I frowned deeply looking at Jinx who had anger in his eyes looking right at me.
"You had my brother gather our family here for something as selfish as that? How fucking dare you-"

"Jinx, enough." Jackie growled at the vampire who growled back.
"Why is it enough? Because of Leif-"

"Leif had no idea any of this was going to happen!" Quinn got out with tears in his eyes, everyone was looking at the omega as Jinx glared at him.
"His past had everything to do with what happened, because of his past, because of those bastards who were looking for him? Our papa is dead! Why can't you get that through your thick fucking skull." Jinx growled.

Asher stepped forward glaring.
"Watch it." He growled.
Jinx stepped forward.
"Or what?" He challenged as Asher moved forward next.

"Okay enough!" Jensen stepped up glaring harshly at the two.
"I don't know when kids started thinking they get to run how things work around here, but they don't. So I suggest that you two either take a walk or shut your mouths before you really piss me off, everyone is still upset over Magna's death. Moxie has been in shock for the last two weeks because no one is ready to come to terms with that idea even being real, but I do agree with what Felix said." Jensen's eyes fell on me.

"We need to find Leif."