10.

**Leif**

"Are you positive you want to go to this party?" Quin asked leaning against my bedroom door as I stood in front of the closet, trying to figure out what I would wear.
What didn't scream outcast.

I turned to the omega.
"I'm positive, I already wrote Felix and told him that our parents said I could go.. plus, now I'll have you there." I said rubbing the side of my arm.
Quin blinked before he sighed softly.
"Alright, but if things start to seem off, we're leaving. Deal?"
I looked at him before nodding.
"Deal." I agreed.

Before I knew it.
Seven arrived sooner than expected and we were slowly making our way out of the rooms and getting ready to leave the house.
Felix would be here any minute to ride with us, and the more I thought about this party.
The more nervous I became.

"Pregnant?"
The words stopped both Quin and myself at the end of the hallway, our eyes locked on our oldest brother.
Iggy who stood there with his three mates.
Lawless, August and Oakley.

"I've been trying to find the right time to tell you guys, but any time I thought it was a good time, I got scared." Iggy frowned looking at our parents who both stood there, stiff as a board.

"Well, this is not the kind of news we were expecting anytime soon, not that we're disappointed!" Papa exclaimed as dad nodded in agreement.
"Definitely not disappointed, but what scared you into not telling us sooner?" He asked Iggy who frowned softly looking at them.

"Maybe because I'm seventeen, a junior who still has a year before graduation.. why are you not angry?" He asked.
Dad looked to papa who looked back to the other.
Dad only smiled softly.

"Because anger gets us nowhere baby, I was sixteen when I was pregnant with you, was I scared? Yes, because back then things were really complicated and Eve's were a rare race that a lot of bad people wanted. You have three remarkable mates who are standing by your side right now, and as for graduation?" Dad looked to papa before smiling as he looked back at Iggy.

"We will look after your baby while the four of you focus on your studies-"
"We can't ask you to do that." August spoke up with knitted brows.
Papa looked at him.
"You are family, that is our grandchild in our sons stomach, of course you can ask us to do that. Because we want to." Papa walked up to Iggy whose eyes were swelling with tears.

"This is fantastic news, but there is one question I have to ask so we have an idea of what to possibly expect. Whose the one that got you pregnant?" Papa asked him.

Iggy blushed.
"August did." He answered.
Papa seemed surprised looking to Lawless who didn't seem bothered by the news.
He looked at Iggy.
"I see, well you'll know to expect one of the three then." He reached ruffling Iggy's hair who continued blushing before nodding.

Dad looked in our direction now.
"Are you heading out?" He asked turning everyone's attention to us.
I stepped back as Quin smirked softly before looking at the others.

"Yeah, I don't plan on staying out long, only because I would much rather be home in my bed." He shrugged as I blushed looking away.
"But because Leif wants to live a little, I think I can sacrifice my bed for a bit." Quin grinned bumping shoulders with me as I looked to the other now before the sound of honking caused me to jump.

"That's Ash, we'll see you guys later." Quin told them.

"Bye and have fun." Dad's smile seemed forced as he watched the two of us leave the room.
-------
The ride was quiet until we picked up Felix who crawled into the backseat with me.
In seconds, his fingers were lacing with mine as my face grew warm looking to the other.
His eyes were already on me.

"I don't want you wandering around by yourself, is that fair for me to request?" He questioned.
Feeling shy as my eyes fell on our hands, my eyes slowly met the others before I nodded.
"I-It's fair, I won't wander without you." I replied.
Felix nodded as he relaxed into the back seat now.

When we made it to the parking lot that would lead to the trail for the blood moons cliff, part of me wanted to go home.
Why did I want to come here?
I felt sick as everyone got out of the car and in seconds, Felix was at my side, taking my hand in his as Quin and Asher walked ahead of us.

"So just to be clear, if someone tries hitting on you, I'm not allowed to hit them?" Asher questioned as Quin stared at the other.
"Absolutely not, if you're even thinking about fighting we will go home. I came here for Leif's sake, but you're not going to start picking fights all because you are an alpha." Quin growled lowly at the other.
Asher groaned in response.
"This is going to be such a bore."
"Suck it up, we won't be here long." Quin replied before we made it to the top of the hill and my eyes were wide at the sight.

The moon was blood red as it hung above the cliff that exposed a dark lake below.
Nerves greeted me as my eyes fell on the mixture of alphas and omegas dancing to the music.
There were even a few vampires present.
But what made me sick was seeing him.

Ricky.

He was near the trees with a few others, all drinking and talking about something.
Why was he here?
I pushed myself into Felix who noticed before frowning.

"We can leave if you want." He offered.
I shook my head frowning.
"N-No, it just took me by surprise seeing him here." He didn't even make me as nervous as that stranger did.
But I did feel safe being in a large group.

"I'm surprised you actually came."
I frowned as we turned to Carmen, two omegas glued to her hip as they all stared at Felix like he was a piece of meat, or up for grabs.
It made me sick knowing they still thought they had a chance with him.
Even after Felix flat out rejected Carmen.

"Leif wanted to come, so here we are." Felix replied to the redhead whose expression once again hardened when her eyes met mine.
"So you are, well let loose, have some fun. The drinks are at the table, the view from the cliff is breathtaking as well." Carmen said twisting her finger in her hair as she looked at Felix.

"You should check it out at some point." She suggested in a flirty voice.
It made my stomach twist standing there.

Felix watched her before nodding.
"Maybe, see ya." He said leaving the glaring redhead now as the two omegas with her, gawked at his response.

"A-Are we really going to check out the cliff?" I asked walking next to Felix who glanced to me.
"You and I are, there's no one else I'd share a moment like that with." He told me as I blushed before nodding.

I completely forgot about Quin and Asher being with us, until my eyes found them dancing at the fire, they looked so in love as Asher held the others hips against his own.
Quin kept smiling at the other and it brought this happiness to my eyes seeing the other that happy with someone.

Would that be me and Felix someday?
I nervously looked to the black haired alpha as we made our way to the cliffs edge.
Would I always be the one he wanted?
Or would someone come between us, and rip him away from me?

"Leif, watch it!"
I let out a startled gasp being ripped back from the edge as my eyes grew wide.
I nearly walked right off of it before my eyes fell on Felix who had a death grip on my wrist, he pulled me right into him holding me close.

"You have to be careful, what were you thinking about that had you so spaced out?" He asked bringing us to the grass as we sat down.
I had tears in my eyes from that fear I felt before blinking them away.
"N-Nothing important." I lied.
"I just keep spacing out here lately, I'm sorry." I whispered.

Felix studied me before he sighed softly bringing me into his lap and held me there.
"I'm not going anywhere Leif, I keep telling you this." He told me as if he could read my mind.
I went to pull away but he held me closer.
"Stop it, I don't know if you know this, but when you lie? You look away fast before trying to regain eye contact, you keep having doubts about us. But the thing is? I imprinted on you Leif, there's no one who I'll ever want again, no one will cross my mind or come between us. It's you and me, the next step will be marking you, but there is no rush for that, so please." He took my face in his hands as my cheeks burned hot looking at him.
"Stop doubting us, you're going to hurt my feelings." He teased as my face darkened before I pressed my head into his chest.

"S-Sorry I keep doubting us.. but when there are other o-omegas who clearly want you-"
"I don't want them." Felix moved us fast to the point he had me pinned on the grass, my wrists were locked down as I looked up at him, wide eyed.
"I want you, okay?" He grinned playfully.
It was hard to swallow, but I blushed before forcing a soft smile.
"O-Okay." I agreed as his lips pressed to mine.

Felix helped me to my feet as the two of us dusted off before Felix grinned.
"I'm going to get us some juice, don't go anywhere okay?" He told me as I nodded looking over my shoulder to the cliff.
Nervously, I walked over to the edge, peering down.
I felt my heart make its way to my throat seeing nothing but dark water and the waves that crashed against the cliffs wall.

Stepping back I turned to only let out a gasp seeing Carmen there, grinning at me.

"Sorry, did I scare you?" She asked.
My brows were knitted standing there.
"N-No." I lied as she grinned walking past me and over to the edge.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" She questioned looking up at the red moon, her blue eyes were practically glowing.
"Omegas and alphas have came here for generations, in hopes of finding their one true mate, sometimes it happens, other times it doesn't." She shrugged standing there.
"And then the worst feeling is when an alpha rejects an omega or the other way around, simply because that click isn't there." She turned to me and her smile was gone.

"You are in the way of me getting what I want, a silly pathetic little vampire who brings nothing to the table for an alpha, but yet won the interest of one in the matter of a day." I could hear the anger rising in her voice as she stood there glaring at me.

"Do you even know how to please an alpha? Or are you just using him to piss me off further? I mean there's nothing exciting about a dull vampire, all you do is cry and space off, like a baby." Carmen spat as I flinched.

"Felix likes me for me, n-nothing else matters, a-and there are other alphas who I'm sure you'd be happier with. W-Why does it have to be Felix?" I asked her.

Carmen blinked before her smile returned and it brought chills all over my body.
"Why? Because of how happy he makes you, vampires and wolves don't belong together." She told me.

"Leif." I looked over my shoulder as Felix slowly approached us, holding two cups of juice as Quin and Asher followed behind.

"T-That's just your opinion, the only opinions that matter are mine and F-Felix's." I told her.
Carmen's eye twitched before she stepped aside for some reason.
"That kind of thinking is what's going to get you killed." She said and just as I went to look over my shoulder to the sound of running.

I felt myself losing my footing as someone roughly shoved into me, sending me right off the thing that terrified me.
I was falling off of the cliff.
The only sound I could hear was my brother screaming and the wind beneath my back.

Before the tears fell from my eyes seeing Felix practically throwing himself off the cliff, diving after me.

"LEIF!" He screamed my name reaching for me.
The tears fell as I reached for him.
"FELIX!" I screamed his name as he grabbed my hand, pulling me right into him.
Our eyes made contact one last time before his hand cupped the back of my head.
Fear consumed me as my eyes closed.

Before the two of us went under.