04.

**Leif**

It felt awkward sitting in the nurses office while I let my face slowly heal.
Felix sat across from me, but he still looked angry that I didn't want him to go into the classroom to fight Ricky.
I wasn't exactly sure what I did that made Ricky target me.
But I wasn't a fan of his either.
Especially after the name calling and then him hitting me as hard as possible.
Just the thought made my face throb as I hissed which caught Felix's attention whose eyes locked on me.

"Does it hurt bad?" He asked me.
My eyes met his as I tried not to blush before finally breaking eye contact and looked away.
"Not bad, it's just throbbing." I responded.
"You should have let me go in there."
"He's not worth getting expelled over." I frowned deeply at Felix who was frowning at me.
"He had no right hitting you-"
"I hit him first." I blushed.

Felix blinked looking at me.
"You hit him first, why?" He questioned.
My face darkened.
"H-He kept taunting me and I got frustrated with him calling me a v-virgin, so I slapped him." I told the other.
Felix stared before he let out a heavy sigh leaning back in the chair.
"He still had no right hitting you, especially that hard, vampire or not there are still weaker ones compared to the rest." He commented.

I frowned at him.
"You think I'm weak?"
"I don't think, I know you are." He told me getting to his feet as I blushed before frowning deeply looking away from the other.
"T-Thanks-"

"But that's what makes me want to protect you even more." Felix knelt in front of me as I looked back at him with a flushed face.
"Why?" I asked him.
"Because, I like you-"
"You don't even know me, b-but Asher said you imprinted, F-Felix what if you've made some kind of mistake by doing that?" I frowned at him.

Felix studied me.
"Let me be the one to decide whether I've made a mistake when the time comes, for now?" He reached as I tried not to flinch when his hand met my cheek.
"Let me like you to the point you'll like me too." He smiled softly.
My brows knitted as tears formed in my eyes.
"W-What if I'm not worth the drama?" I asked him.
Felix blinked.
"What did I just say about letting me decide? I'll be the judge even though I'm pretty sure you'll be worth the drama." He smirked standing to his feet as my eyes followed him.

"W-Where are you going?" I asked him.
"To get my schedule changed, I want to have the classes you have so there's always someone there to keep you safe-"
"You don't have to do that." I cried standing to my feet now with knitted brows.
Felix turned to me.
"You're right, I don't have to do anything, but I'm choosing to. Unless," he walked back up to me looking down as I looked up at the other.
"You don't want me to?" He asked.

My face was burning standing there.
It was like my silence was enough for an answer because he grinned softly.
"I'm taking your silence as a yes, stay here." He told me before stepping out of the nurses office.

I stood there before letting out a quiet groan as I crouched down, burying my face in my hands.
What.
Is.
Happening.
Right.
Now?

I removed my hands as I looked at the door with a flushed face.
And why do I feel like I'm going to like this?
-----------
Before I knew it, the first day back to school was officially done and everyone was heading home.
I was nervous looking for Felix.
It took some persuading but the principal actually allowed Felix's schedule to match mine, even though he was a grade higher than me.
I had a feeling he was going to be a weird one.
But I wouldn't judge him.
I was in no position to judge anyone.

"Heading home?" Felix's voice brought me from thought as I turned to the alpha outside of the school building.
My eyes on him.

"Y-Yeah, are you?" I questioned.
Felix blinked but he smiled softly.
"Mhm, do you live far?" He asked me.
I shook my head.
"Not really, maybe ten minutes if that." I answered.
Felix nodded.
"Can I walk you home then?" He offered and it made me blush.

"You want to walk me home?"
Felix nodded with a grin.
"It's old school I know, but if you'd rather ride home with one of your siblings, I get it." He shrugged.
I stood there blushing before shaking my head.
"N-No, it's fine, you can walk me home." I found myself telling him.
He seemed happy about that as he nodded in response.

I ended up texting Iggy to let him know I would be walking home, just so no one would panic over me.

It did make me feel more nervous walking with someone though, I wasn't used to it and it made me want to nibble my lip.
But after what Felix said this morning, I wasn't sure if he was messing with me.
Part of me wanted to assume he was joking.
But the other part, didn't think he was.
And that's what scared me.

"So, tell me about your family, what are your adoptive parents and siblings all like?" Felix asked making conversation.
I blinked looking to the other.
"O-Oh, well I haven't been a part of the family for real long, b-but they're all really nice.. Quin and Jinx fight a lot, Iggy, Amber and Omega are more on the calmer side which is nice.. My adoptive dad just had twin girls, Stormy and Sunny, and they seem like a handful.. but my parents are really supportive and kind, it throws me off a lot, it's nice though.. my papa is a vampire like me and my dad is an omega." I told the other.

Felix was looking at me.
"So your parents are kind of like us, except I'm an alpha and you're a vampire." He was grinning as I looked at him before looking ahead.
"Yeah.. we're just the opposite of them." I wanted to smile even though it made me nervous to do so.

When I saw my house coming into view, it made me relax until I saw my dad out in the yard with Lawless and Misha's dads.
Ziggy and Rocky, the three were talking until their attention fell on me and Felix.

"Well this is interesting, who are you?" My dad was smiling at Felix who blinked looking at me as I looked at the alpha.
Felix looked back to my dad.

"Hello, my name is Felix Valentine, I'm a classmate of Leif's." He told the other.
My dad was smiling softly at the other.
"A classmate who wanted to walk my son home?" He asked.
I was blushing standing there.

Felix looked back to me then to the three adults.
"Well I can't get to know someone I like, if we take separate ways home." He commented.
This made my dad's eyes grow wide.
"Someone you like?" He was trying not to smile and I was squirming standing there before looking at Felix.

"Thank you for walking me home, I-I'll see you tomorrow." I told the other but paused when he handed me a slip of paper.
"My phone number, add it to your phone." Felix told me as I blinked before blushing as I nodded.
"O-Okay, see you later." I told him.
Felix smiled softly nodding before looking in my dad's direction.

"It was nice meeting you." He said walking away.

I stood there trembling and I froze feeling water hit my shoulders.
I looked up at the sky and panic filled my eyes as the clouds grew dark.

"Let's get inside." My dad looked around before ushering everyone inside the house as the rain came down harder.

"Leif, what has you so upset?" My dad asked walking inside of the house as I bit at my thumbnail.
"N-Nothing-"
"You're making it rain outside, something has you upset." My dad's arms were crossed as I looked at him with tears in my eyes.

"F-Felix imprinted on me."

"What?" My dad's eyes were wide as were everyone else's that were present in the living room.
This of course, included my papa and the other fathers present.

I couldn't breathe standing there.
"Why did he imprint on you?" My dad asked me as I blushed shrugging.
"I-I don't know, I didn't even know he did until Asher explained it earlier.. he doesn't seem like a bad guy, b-but I don't know what to do." I cried standing there and I could hear the thunder which terrified me even more.

"Calm him down." I heard someone hiss.

"Leif, baby, look at me." The tears were falling as I made myself look at my dad who stood right in front of me.
"This is all perfectly normal, what Felix did is normal, it just took us by surprise. I'm positive he is a good guy, but if this scares you, just tell him to take things slow with you. There's no need to be upset okay?" He carefully reached and brushed the tears away from underneath my eyes.

"B-But what if he's not who I want?" I asked him.
My dad's brows knitted.
"Would you prefer to be with a vampire?" He questioned.
My thoughts fell on Ricky and I flinched shaking my head fast.

My dad frowned at that.
"Did something happen at school today?" He asked me.
I blushed shaking my head.
"Leif-"
"N-Nothing happened." I cried.

"You are such a fucking liar."
I froze looking over my shoulder to where Jinx stood, glaring at me.

"Jinx, language." My dad hissed scolding the other.

"What do you mean though Jinx, how is he lying?" I heard my papa ask with everyone's attention on the other now.

My brows knitted as Jinx frowned at me then at the others.

"My overbearing crush's friend came up to me asking how Leif was feeling, when I asked what he meant, apparently Ricky decided to punch him during third period." Jinx's arms were crossed glaring at me.

"What? Why did he punch you?" My dad demanded with anger in his eyes.
I was frowning deeply at Jinx.
"B-Because I slapped him first." I answered.

"Should I make some popcorn?" I heard Jackie offer walking towards the kitchen.

"Okay, hold on, you slapped another student?" My dad looked at me confused.
"Baby, why would you do that thinking there wouldn't be consequences?"
"B-Because I got tired of hearing him call me a v-virgin." I said in almost a whisper now as I stood there trembling.
My dad blinked a few times.

"To be perfectly fair, I would have slapped someone too." I heard Jackie comment.
"Babe, you are literally not helping, shut your mouth and go make your popcorn." Rocky hissed.

I stood there crying as my dad sighed softly.
"I can understand how frustrating that must have been, but violence is never the answer-"
"It's not?" I heard papa ask.
"It's not." Dad growled at the other who raised his hands in defense.

"I'm not telling you to apologize to this boy, but going forward you should keep your hands to yourself, especially when you're-"
"Weaker?" I cut the other off as his eyes slightly widened.
"I was going to say not able to defend yourself, not that you're weaker. I know deep down you are strong Leif, especially when you know that you need to be, I just want you to be careful going forward, can you do that for me?" He asked me.

Stray tears slipped but I nodded.
"I-I think so." I agreed.
"Good." My dad smiled softly at me.

"Do you have homework?"
I nodded as he did the same.
"Then go on up to your room and get started, supper will be ready shortly." He told me.
Not saying anything else I just walked past the other, frowning in Jinx's direction who rolled his eyes in response.
------
I walked into my room and went straight to the bed, laying down as I buried my face in the pillow.
Why did he have to say anything?
Why did I think I could lie and get away with it?
I could feel the tears escaping as I laid there.

I looked out the window as rain rolled down the glass.
It made my brows knit as I sniffled before sitting up as I pulled Felix's number out of my pocket.
I stared at the nine digits before adding his number into my phone.
Before realization hit me.

I sat there blushing like an idiot.
He gave me his number but I didn't give him mine.
Which means only one thing.
I would have to be the one who wrote or called him first.
I don't know if my nerves were going to let me do that.

I slammed my face back into the pillow groaning.

COULD TODAY GET ANY WORSE?