17.

**Leif**

"Magna is alive."

Those words made everything freeze as I knelt there with my face aching.
I wanted my heart to pound against my chest.
I wanted to cry out with relief knowing it wasn't true.
That my papa was still very much here.
I knew he was too stubborn to kill.
That he wouldn't go down without a fight.

But here came the burning question.

"W-Where is he?" I managed to get out as blood ran down my busted lip as I tried to look up at Nikolai.
He only smirked kneeling in front of me.
"He's somewhere, but I can't have you going off and snooping again. If he gets out, its game over and everything I've worked hard for? Will go up in flames." He explained as my brows furrowed.
"E-Everything you've worked hard for? You're selling innocent children for money, that's not working hard. That's being greedy and only thinking about yourself, you've stolen children from their homes, from their families. THEY ARE NOT YOURS TO SELL!" I yelled at him with rage in my eyes as my face ached painfully.

Nikolai studied me before he let out a sigh.
"You know what? You're absolutely right." He stood to his feet as my brows knitted watching him.
"I am greedy and I am selfish, that's how this world made me. If you want to survive, you have to make sacrifices, and now that I'm thinking about it?" He turned to me with this disappointed look on his face.
"No one would want such trash like you Leif, not even a noble, I'd lose my head if I sold something like you to such higher beings. So I have a new plan." He smirked walking up and pulling me to my feet.

"I'll just have you killed instead, it's a waste sure, but the last thing I need is a noble returning you to me, so in four days? I'll kill you, right in front of your precious papa." His expression hardened as fear filled my eyes looking at him.
"And after I kill you? I'll kill him, and then who knows? Maybe I won't stop there, maybe I'll go after the whole family." He shrugged with a laugh.

"N-No.." It was almost like a whisper as Nikolai arched a brow.
"I'm sorry, did you just say no?" He chuckled looking at me as I felt rage taking over.
"I-I won't let you kill anyone." I told him.
Nikolai's expression went blank as everyone around him started laughing.

"Is this brat for real?"
"He can barely stand and he's over here talking big!"
"Kill him now Nikolai, get it over with."

Nikolai stared at me.
"If you're so sure you can stop that from happening, kill me now, otherwise it'll be your life that you'll lose." He told me.
It was hard to swallow, not to mention breathe from the fear and anger I was feeling.

"If I kill you I have no doubt in my mind, that your followers won't hesitate to kill me afterwards." I frowned deeply as my body tried not to tremble.
Nikolai blinked.
"So you think you can kill me?" He grinned at me as my throat went dry.
"Nothing is impossible." I responded which made his eyes slightly widen.

He stood there before looking over his shoulder then back to me.
"Alright brat, I'll cut you a deal, only because you sound so sure." He smirked softly looking at me as my brows furrowed.
"If you can kill me, my men will not be allowed to kill you, but if I kill you which I know I will do." He chuckled.
"Your efforts will be pointless and that family of yours that you think you can protect? Will be joining you in the afterlife." He told me.

"No one's joining anyone, anywhere, except for your whole clan here."

Everyone paused, their attention on the large double doors as this group of five stood there.
I couldn't tell what they were and that's what terrified me.
Especially when three of their eyes were jet black.
Vampires?
No.
You can easily sense your own when it came to race.
And these five definitely were not vampires.

Nikolai turned to the blond with cold blue eyes, he wore all black as he stood in the center of the four who stood at his sides.

"And who might you be? Not a friend from that scent I'm sure." Nikolai frowned at the blond who frowned back.
"You are correct, we are not friends, especially when you've taken something of mine. Usually I don't interfere with anyone's personal business, what you do behind closed doors is up to you but when you have one of mine? It becomes my business, especially when he's been missing for a month now." The blond spoke up with anger rising in his tone.

Nikolai looked at him.
"You've came to collect? Well that's fine, but it'll be settled at a price-"
No one moved at how fast one of the outsiders ran, slicing open Shane's neck who stood there stunned for a moment, before his knees buckled and he was dropping to the ground.

Nikolai's eyes widened at the sight as the blond from before looked around, his eyes fell on me and I could see this softness threatening to appear.

"I won't be paying you anything if you know what's best for you, you'll be handing over what's mine and I'll be taking anything else you've stolen. See, I'm a pretty reasonable guy until a point, but when you steal whats mine then tell me I have to pay to get it back?" My eyes grew wide at how fast the blond moved and his hand was wrapped tightly around Nikolai's neck, squeezing hard as he did so.
"Now that just doesn't sit right with me, so if you have any brains upstairs which I'm sure you don't, but we'll pretend you do for the time being. You'll fetch me my friend, and you'll be freeing whoever you have captured in this shit hole. Are we at an understanding yet, or should I cause more bloodshed?" The blond tilted his head as his eyes pierced Nikolai like daggers.

Nikolai was glaring harshly at him.
"What are you?" He demanded.
The blond stared.
"Something that'll kill you faster than you can blink if you keep testing my patience." He warned.
Nikolai glared before growling when the blond squeezed tighter on his neck.

"F-Fuck, Kagen, do it." He ordered.
Kagen glared.
"You sure boss? What about-"
"Just do it!" Nikolai roared.

Kagen was hesitant but let out a frustrated sigh before storming off.

I stood there trembling but it stopped when this hand landed on my shoulder.
I looked to the left of me and a girl with long black hair and black eyes to match, stood there with this reassuring look.
"Don't worry, this will all be over soon and you'll be home before you know it." She told me.
I could feel the tears just hearing those words.

Within minutes, Kagen was returning with a chain of kids following behind him.
Tears rolled down my cheeks when I saw him.

Papa followed behind the kids, he was bruised up but there were no missing limbs.
My face flushed red as I ignored everything and everyone around me.
I ran.

"PAPA!" I cried as his eyes fell from the ground to me and in an instant, he was breaking the chains that bound him and running right up to me.
No more thoughts.
No more fear.
I jumped right into his arms and held him as tears streamed down my cheeks.

"Y-You're really alive." I sobbed into him as he held me.
"Of course I'm alive kiddo, I can't be killed off that easily." He gave off a weak chuckle as I looked at him.
"Everyone at home, t-they think you died because of me, papa I-"
"Shh, everything will be fine." Papa cupped the back of my head before sitting us back up.
His attention was on the five strangers who completely turned the tables.
None of this was expected.
I was still trying to figure out what they even were.

The blond from earlier stood there, staring at the line of kids before his eyes fell on a skinny blond with black eyes, he had bags underneath his eyes and his clothes were torn.

"Darius." The girl from before spoke up, her eyes also on the boy as the blond now known as Darius frowned deeply.
"I see him." He let out a heavy sigh.

"I was hoping this was the wrong location and that we stumbled across a different situation, but it seems like I was wrong." Darius turned to Nikolai, his eyes black before his fingers snapped.
And in seconds.
Shane's, Leon's and Ryder's heads were dropping from their bodies, blood was everywhere as my eyes grew wide.

Nikolai stood there stunned.
"You're going to kill my men for one?" He asked.
Darius turned to him.
"No, I'm going to kill all of your men for my one, plus the other's you've taken." Darius smiled at him.
"It's the price you pay for pissing off a demon." He said snapping his fingers with his eyes on Kagen and I squeezed my eyes shut as the vampires body exploded.

All you could smell was blood.
I wasn't sure where that Ace or Church guy ran off to, I'm sure they heard the commotion and ran for the hills, whether that was smart or dumb.
I don't know.
What I do know though?
Is I would never want a demon as an enemy.

Nikolai was surrounded by blood and bodies, completely defenseless.
He stood there as Darius stood directly in front of him, his expression was cold and unforgiving as he looked to the group who followed him in.

"That boy there." He pointed to me as my papa pulled me closer to him, glaring softly as Darius studied the other.
"Is he your blood?" He asked Nikolai.

Nikolai's eyes fell from him to me then back to Darius.
"He is." He answered with a shrug.
Darius stared before his eyes fell on me next.
"Is he your blood, kid?" He asked me.

I stood there, for the first time in weeks feeling safe as I looked Nikolai dead in the eye.
"No, he's nothing to me." I answered and I watched Nikolai's eyes widen as I looked at my papa before looking back at Darius.

"He is my blood." I said referring to the vampire I stood next to.
Darius looked at the other before nodding.
"Then killing this man here wouldn't phase you, I'm assuming?" He arched a brow looking at Nikolai who glared at Darius.
I just stared before shaking my head.
"Not at all, he had plans to kill me in four days, he's nothing but trash to me." I said referring to earlier as Nikolai's eyes grew wide staring at me.

"You ungrateful little shit." Nikolai stormed past Darius but nothing prepared me to see him get staked.
Not by Darius, my papa, or anyone who was already in the room.
But who showed up out of nowhere.

My dad.

He stood there, the door wide open with our family standing there, rage in their eyes as they all held stakes.
Nikolai stood perfectly still as my dad stood in front of him.

"First, you went after my son, then you give me photos of some victim you had killed to look like my mate, and then you go after my son again?" My dad dug the stake in deeper with so much rage and hatred in his eyes looking at Nikolai.
"No one here is more ungrateful than someone as low as you, you might even be worse than Ace Ellison." He growled.
Nikolai stood there, rage in his eyes.

"Fucking mutt-"
"That's right." My dad snarled hatefully.
"I am a mutt, a mutt with eight beautiful children and an amazing mate, and you don't get to take any of them away from me." He growled at Nikolai.
"Not without losing your life in the process." He pressed the stake in deeper as Nikolai dropped to his knees, slowly ashing as he looked up.

"There will always be more of monsters like me lurking in the shadows, more enemies you and your children will face, even their children. You can't save everyone." He growled lowly.

My dad looked down at him.
"We'll take our chances." He responded as Nikolai turned to complete ash.

The room was still.
I stood there in shock seeing my family in the same room as us.
Before my dad turned and saw papa first.
His eyes were wide.
But there was so much relief, love and happiness seeing the other.

"I knew you weren't dead." Dad slowly approached papa as the other smiled softly gently taking dad's hand into his.
"I knew I married you for your brains before your looks." He joked.
Dad only grinned as tears slipped before the two were embracing each other.

I stood there watching them, but turned to the feeling of someone tapping my shoulder.
My face flushed red as the tears slipped faster than the rain did outside the building.

"Felix." I breathed his name as the alpha took me into his arms, holding me close before his lips took mine.

Felix broke the kiss, his hand cupping my cheek as his eyes gazed into mine longingly.

"Let's go home."