Mihawk

I let out a groan as I laid flat on my stomach. Mihawk had been gone for a week now, leaving me to deal with Zoro and Perona.

"I wish Mihawk would hurry home, I miss him." I grumbled out into my pillow.

"How can you possibly miss him so much?" Perona asked with a frown.

"Because I can! Why do you care so much?" I yelled as I glared up at her.

"Are you always this needy? Mihawk should be back soon. Besides it's just been one week." Zoro grumbled out.

"And? It feels like it's been years! He's never been gone this long!"

"Okay, spill. How the hell did someone like you get with someone like him?" Zoro asked with a frown.

"What do you mean?" I asked with a pout.

"Actually, now that you mentioned it.. I'm curious too. I mean you're so lively and kind and... Mihawk is... him."

"Oh! You're wondering how we got together! Well it's actually a really funny story-"

Five years earlier

I let out a scream as I ran from a very pissed off Marine. I had foolishly spilt beer on him, which caused him to get pissed at me.

"I'm sorry! It was an accident!" I exclaimed as I ran up the stairs, making my way towards a giant castle.

"Get back here you bitch!"

I made it to the door and as about to throw it open, when it sprung open and I ran into a hard chest. I roughly fell backwards, landing on my ass. I rubbed my behind as I raised my head up and locked eyes with a man.

My eyes went wide as I found a tall, lean, and muscular man with black hair, a short beard, mustache and sideburns staring down at me with yellow hawk like eyes. My mouth fell open as he raised an eyebrow.

"You bitch!" A voice yelled out.

I sprung to my feet and ran past the man, hiding behind him as my body started to shake.

"Hey! Don't think that this piece of shit will save you!" The marine snapped.

"I'm sorry! I swear it was an accident!" I exclaimed as he started towards me.

The marine had nearly made it past the tall man, when I saw a flash of movement. I watched as the marine fell backwards, and the man held a hand out.

"That's enough. I don't have time to deal with you, leave now."

"Who the hell do you think you are! This bitch insulted me! She had to pay!"

"And how, pray tell did she insult you?"

"She spilt beer on me! My shirt is ruined!"

"Get a new one." The man said as he threw some coins at him.

"Fuck you! That bitch is going to-"

Before he could take another step, the man had pulled a giant sword out and aimed it at him.

"Again, get a new one." He ordered.

"Fine! But she has to leave at some point! And I'll be waiting!" The marine exclaimed as he picked up the coins and walked away.

I felt tears stream down my face as the man turned to look back at me. He let out a sigh and with out another word bent down and picked me up. He carried me inside, where he bandaged me up.

"Thank you! I owe you my life!" I exclaimed as I fell to the floor and bowed.

"Get up, you owe me nothing." He said as he set his sword down.