Crocodile

I let out a sigh as I leaned on the palm of my hand, my eyes never leaving Crocodile's body. He was hitting Buggy, for doing something stupid, again.

"It is obvious that you are in love with him." Mihawk said from beside me.

My eyes snapped open and I quickly turned to look at him, waving my hands in front of me.

"What! I am not in love with Crocodile!" I exclaimed as my cheeks turned bright red.

"I didn't say his name." Mihawk said as we locked eyes.

"Bastard!." I thought as I glared at him.

I let out a huff and looked away from him, deciding to look back at Buggy and Crocodile.

".... Go fuck yourself." I hissed as I bite my bottom lip.

"I don't understand why you are still trying to hide your feelings." He said as he leaned back in his seat. "You have been work with him for nearly seven years."

"That's why I haven't told him! We have been working together for seven years and not once has he shown any interest in me!" I hissed as I turned to glare at Mihawk.

I probably should have been scared of Mihawk's wrath, but I wasn't. I wasn't scared because Crocodile made it very clear that if I was hurt in any way, he would see that as an attack on him and end their partnership.

"(Y/n)! It's time for us to go." Crocodile yelled from across the room.

"Coming!" I called as I jumped up.

I passed by Buggy's unconscious body and followed behind Crocodile. It wasn't long before we arrived home and Crocodile threw off his coat. I watched as he slumped in his chair, a sigh leaving his lips. I made my way to the back of the couch and gently placed my hands on his shoulder.

"Want to talk about it?" I softly asked him, a frown on my face.

He shook his head no and leaned into my embrace. I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him as he closed his eyes.

"That clown is lucky to still be breathing." He growled out.

"Don't let him get to you, he's an idiot." I said as Crocodile took my hand in his.

He let out a sigh and pulled me towards him. He forced me to walk around the couch and sit on his lap. I couldn't hide the smile that spread across my face as I laid my head on his shoulder.

"I still don't see why we need him?"

"We need him to be the figure for our group. It's the only way we can move in secret." I explained as I smoothed put his hair.

"We could of just had you as the figure."

"Everyone knows that I'm loyal to you, and you alone." I said as I smiled up at him.

"Perhaps." He said as he closed his eyes.

I rose from his lap, his hands tried to keep me in place.

"Why don't you go take a bath, I'll fix some food." I said as his grip tightened on my hips.

"Fine, I suppose a bath would help me relieve some stress." He said as he stood up.

He released me from his tight grip and walked out of the room, leaving me to cook our supper.

Hour later

I turned the stove on low and walked into the living room, preparing to call out to Crocodile. Before I could get the words out, I stopped myself. My eyes landed on his coat and I felt a smirk spread across my face.

"He would never know." I whispered as I walked up to it.

I picked the coat up, and threw it over my shoulder. I looked back towards the bathroom and then rushed to one of our mirrors. I stood in front of it, a giant smile on my face. I picked up some eyeliner and drew a line over my nose, before I slicked my hair back.

I cleared my throat and puffed my chest out.

"I'm here to settle this, you weaklings." I said deepening my voice.

I hid one of my hands under the coat and turned to my side. I couldn't help but to laugh as I stared at myself. I looked ridiculous, and I was sure that if anyone else saw me they would die from laughing. I shook my head and closed my eyes as I reached up and touched the fur on the jacket.

I was about to say something else, when a hand touched my hips. I jumped as my eyes went wide. I looked in the mirror and met a pair of familiar eyes, which caused my heart to stop.

"Crocodile... I-"

His grip tightened, cutting me off with a gasp as he pulled me backwards.

"What are you doing?" He asked as he blew a puff of smoke past my face.

"I was-"

"Pretending to be me?" He asked with a chuckle.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean you any disrespect."

I felt my heart stop as I averted my eyes from him. I looked down at the ground as I felt tears start to well up.

"Don't apologize. You look adorable." He said as he slowly turned me around, forcing me to face him.

My heart started to race as I felt his hook go under my chin. He gently forced me to look at him.

"Croc-"

"Perhaps I'll get you a coat of your own." He said as he cut me off.

My cheeks turned bright red and I tried to look away from him, but he stopped me.

"Perhaps then Mihawk will realize that you are mine." He growled as he dug the top of his hook into my neck.

I let out a gasp as he pulled me towards him. My eyes went wide as he stared down at me.

"You... think Mihawk is interested in me?" I asked in shock.

"Anyone with eyes can see that he is infatuated with you." He growled as he glared down at me.

I couldn't suppress the laugh that slipped from my lips.

"Croc, the only reason Mihawk was talking to me... was because he was trying to get me to admit my feelings for you." I said as I covered my mouth.

"What?" He asked in shock.

"Mihawk realized that I was in love with you and he's been telling me for days now that I should just tell you. He doesn't like me." I said as I raised my hand to his face and gently cuffed his cheek.

His face fell and he let go of me and grabbed onto the couch, hunching over. I let out a laugh and gently turned him to face me.

"Seems we both have been foolish." I said as I smiled up at him.

"It seems.. you are correct."

He slowly leaned down and pressed his lips against mine, in a gentle kiss.