1. Eye to Eye

You were sitting fisting your hands over your subtle green gown with emerald green contrasting layers on the lower accordion skirt

You were sitting fisting your hands over your subtle green gown with emerald green contrasting layers on the lower accordion skirt. Here in the Foyer Hall of the palace two families sat face to face with a limited number of reporters shattering their camera rolls in your direction. It was a celebration of an event and not just any event but a celebration of the royal proposal sent by King Franklin on behalf of his son Prince Seokjin. Sitting in the palace of Versailles, King Franklin asked for your, Princess of Longovia, hand in marriage.

Your father, the King of Longovia, was extremely delighted to have a suitable and most appropriate proposal in every aspect near at hands, thus he agreed to the proposal over the phone call last night but a formal engagement ceremony had to take place with the acceptance of proposal.

"I'm so glad to have tied this betrothal." your father said as King Franklin placed a hand on his torso and lowered his head, being grateful and accepting side by side.
"We are grateful to have your daughter as our daughter-in-law and the future queen too." he said formally looking over to his son who sat by his side and just across from you. A signal from the King

s eye was caught because of the clear slick back styled black hair of the man who was your suitable suitor, giving Prince Seokjin a reason to get up and bow in front of your father.

"King David I'm so honoured to have presented this proposal to you and to have been accepted as a suitable son-in-law. I promise to take care of your daughter to the best I can." Prince Seokjin lowered his head and stayed in that position until King David got up and patted his back, holding his shoulders later on, getting him to stand straight so the dad and son-in-law to be, could hold each other in a manly hug.

The moment was interrupted with the Queens of both the Kingdom congratulating each other and placing their hands over each other's. The Kingdom present there rejoices in the marital partnership between the two Kingdoms, strengthening the bonds and power of the two rulers. In this moment of joy Prince Seokjin did the honours of raising his head and looking at you who sat in front of him but at a considerable distance. He trailed his eyes from your draped gown and up to your fiure landing on your face. His lips curved into a smile at the sight of your lowered head and rosy lips. You were maybe shy in front of him, the constant clutching of your hands and the little wobble of your lips said it all.

The Prince was busy admiring you when a call from King Franklin brought him back to his senses and he looked at his father.
"Yes Your Majesty." Prince Seokjin speaks.

"With the permission of King David you and Prince Catherine can have a private talk in the gardens if you want." King Franklin poke, earning a nod from your father who agreed willingly.

"I have granted my permission for the private meet." Your father answered raising your anxiety to another level. It wasn't that you didn't want to marry the Prince or meet him in private you were just too nervous to face him so suddenly, completely unprepared. In the anticipation of calming down your nerves you didn't know when Prince Seokjin came in front of you, lending out his hand for you to take it and walk by his side to the gardens.

The parents watched in curiosity as you continued to look down unaware of the surroundings and your mother had to clear her throat to get your attention which you eventually granted flinching and then looking at your surroundings resulting in your breath hitching at having your future husband so close to you. You visibly gulped at the close proximity but a side glare from the queen made you stand up instantly and stand by Prince's side awkwardly. He saw your shaken up figure and gesture with his lent out hand to ask you to walk ahead. You did as signalled and walked ahead, with him fllowing you close behind and the guards opening the gates of Foyer Hall for you.

You kept walking, looking down all this while and keeping the clck of your heels to the minimum as a royal you are. You kept walking oblivious to the path you were taking and just stepping wherever your feet took you.

"Princess that's a lot of walking." a voice behind you stopped you in your track and you looked up in front to find yourself almost 3 feet away from a wall. You frowned and turned to look at Prince Seokjin standing with his hand clasped behind his back and looking all regal in his royal blue suit which fitted his magnificent figure.
"I'm sorry to disappoint you, My Lord." you bowed a little, biting your lower lip in embarrassment.
"We're not married yet princess and you don't have to call me Lord or Majesty as if I am some God, I will be your partner in life no matter what status I have." Prince Seokjin swept your heart with a few lines even without you knowing him completely and you were partially put at ease for discovering that he indeedwas good in many aspects to stand beside you as your husband.

"Yes I understand." you uttered, smiling a little which lPrince Seokjin reciprocated delightedly. You were shy and awkward around people, especially new appearance so you tried your best to find reasons to not face them but with your potential husband coming around to see you, you had no other choice but to agree.

"Are you happy with the proposal princess?" He asks seriously all of a sudden, making you look at him in the eyes straight only for you to witness a genuine glint for the first time in his chocolaty orbs. The question was surprising and so was the genuine aura complimented with it. It made you question the possibility of you having a choice in things which were supposed to be done for the sake of the Kingdom. His behaviour and words right now had you lost in a trance until you could walk and stand a few feet away from him. You switched your eyes between both his orbs, wanting to find traces of malice or selfishness but failed to do so because you had to look down immediately, not wanting to look bold and shameless in the Prince's eyes. Your eyes veiled from the man in front and your lips parted to answer the one awaiting a few words in return to his question.

"I have no objection to this wedding, Prince." you uttered and he was satisfied knowing that the woman he wished for to stand by his side was willing to stand by his side too.

He looked up and glanced at the sky, before looking down at you again, the midday sunlight glowed your skin with the fine definition of your features, your hair shone giving off the dusty blonde colour and he found himself falling in love with the woman he just met.

As a man involved in military training and politics, he grew up to be closed off and naturally distant t people, especially the opposite gender. He found himself incapable of love or any emotion remotely close to adoration, but your pure and shy sight today made him think otherwise because today he felt his heart race for the first time in his life. Never even when he fell off a horse or faced an on hand dual, had he felt his heart thump at such a loud and fast pace so he titled his head just partially, squinting his eyes a little, willing to acknowledge this natural response of his body to a woman.

But what he failed to decipher was that you were not an ordinary woman, you were a royal; a shy, beautiful and exquisite woman trained to be sophisticated and eloquent. Just by a single glance at your picture the man who thought his heart was made of stone, found the words 'I do' rolling off his lips like the combination of butter and honey slipping down the throat on one fine morning.

This time with the male being busy in his thoughts, he didn't realize when the two of you fell in a staring contest, getting lost in each other's gaze-the contrast of chocolate and hazel orbs.

_Senzar