2. Exchanged Vows

And just like that the meeting in the palace proved to be Prince Seokjin's last glimpse at you until the full fledged swing of preparation of the royal wedding got him so busy that his mind was temporarily lifted off your thoughts

And just like that the meeting in the palace proved to be Prince Seokjin's last glimpse at you until the full fledged swing of preparation of the royal wedding got him so busy that his mind was temporarily lifted off your thoughts. But on the day of the wedding he found his breath hitching at the sight of you, the Princess of Longovia, laded in a flowy white princess gown, the dress had a sequence of beads all over it in a specific pattern. The upper half was simply white with a few wraps of lace over it and a separate net, which had diamonds stitched up over. The lace was worn as an arm wear closing over the shoulders and around your neck that's what made you the most beautiful bride in the prince's eyes. It was too much for him, the man who himself looked like a descended God in a matching white suit. The elegant outfit had a golden chain hooked over its front pocket linked to his shoulder that had a number of badges lined up making his already broad shoulders look broader.

He was an epitome of Prince Charming indeed. The celebrations were at its peak and music were a ritual when your steps echoed with the click of heels of your bridesmaids, the whole palace and people were present in the Grand Hall selected by the mutual discussion of both the kingdoms and here you were set to walk down the aisle in the hands of your father. King David was accompanying you to walk while you had a veil over your head, you looked like a regal princess in an attire so pure and beautiful. With the bouquet of white rose in your hands, you found yourself in step with your father and the eyes of everyone were focused on you making you nervous; this was the most important day of your life and an overwhelming one as well, you couldn't afford a single mistake and that is what you were trying your best to avoid.

Reaching the first step of the Grand stage your father extended your hand towards Prince Seokjin who stepped forward to take it in his.

"Take care of my daughter, son." it was void of royal entitles and it was just a father's request to his son-in-law.
"I will father." a reply with same degree of emotions, Prince Seokjin helped you step up the stage and made you face him, he fixed your gown from the front as the crowd cheered at the blissful moment, the dress fixing responsibility was soon given to the bridesmaids as Seokjin held your hand in his, they were cold and pale showing how nervous you were, he gave them a squeeze making you intake a harsh breathe, not caring about the focus of entire kingdom on you both, he leaned in a little, your eyes lowered and your face shielded with the double layer of veil yet your beauty sieved through it. He spoke.

"Princess don't be nervous, I will be by your side and after today I promise to be by your side forever. From now on I'll be here for you to rely on and open up to, my lady." He addressed you as his wife even before the vows were taken and that sent a frenzy in your stomach. You clutched onto the bouquet harder, pushing it near your stomach to reduce the spark in your body.

Soon the father caught the attention of you both for the recital of betrothal. You both turned to face them as both your parents and in-laws stood by the first line of guests, the father opens the bible and read a few set of auspicious lines followed by a tradition of our kingdom ending on the traditional recital of Prince Seokjin's kingdom. It was only then that the father proceeded to the vows.
"Kim Arsenal Seokjin, wilt thou have this woman to thy wedded wife, to live together according to God's law in the holy estate of matrimony?" the father questions to which Prince Seokjin answers. "I will.'

"Wilt thou love her, comfort her, honour and keep her, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all other, keep thee only unto her, so long as ye both shall live?" he asks once more to which he looks at you and answers "I will."

The father then refers to you, making you breath in and look up, to see the soft gaze of Prince Seokjin looking at you already. He gestured you with his eyes to calm down and relax which you did and it was visible by the relaxation of your hand in his.

"Min Serin Catherine, wilt thou have this man to thy wedded husband, to live together according to God's law in the holy estate of matrimony? Wilt thou love him, comfort him, honour and keep him, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all other, keep thee only unto him, so long as ye both shall live?" the father asked you which resulted in you running your tongue over your lower lips, the luscious glaze coated over the bright lipstick settled on your lips and it drove Seokjin crazy.

"I will" you confessed in a soft voice which was audible due to the pin drip silence in the hall.
'I pronounce that they be man and wife together, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen." the father said as he turned to face the grooms right hand carrying a crown over a cushion. Picking it up he bestowed it on Prince Seokjin's head then turning away he face the bridesmaid with a similar crown settled on a cushion and placed it on your head.

"Then by power vested in me I pronounce them man and woman, king and queen of Versailles and Longovia. Long live the royal couple. You may kiss the bride." and that is when Prince Seokjin lifted your veil slowly and locked gaze with you, asking your permission to kiss you, until a nod from your side invited him to kiss you deep, licking lips, gathering luscious taste and a wild appreciation.

_Senzar